University Hospital Southampton
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
To focus on patients who were admitted for this reason, and offer advice check understanding, adherence, and inhaler technique. With a plan to reduce readmissions through supportive interventions.
To collect, review and offer suggestions to relevant pharmacists, who will make required changes to therapies.
Multidisciplinary team working:
To work together with staff from across UHS and Primary care. Taking a team approach to shared care across the interface.
Work will be carried out within UHS and in patient’s homes where needed or virtually as needed.
- You need to be a registered Pharmacy Technician with the GPhC
- Have an accreditation in: Medicines Management, Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT)
- Have an accreditation in or evidence of training in: Patient counselling
- This is a full-time post 37.5hrs per week
- There is a weekend working commitment of 1 in 6 to support patient care, either working at ward level or in the dispensary.
Please see Job description and person specification for further advice.
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.