University of Twente (UT)
18 Nov 2023
- College of Twente (UT)
- Analysis Area
- Researcher Profile
- First Stage Researcher (R1)
- Utility Deadline
- 5 Jan 2024 – 22:59 (UTC)
- Kind of Contract
- Job Standing
- Not Relevant
- Hours Per Week
- Is the job funded by the EU Analysis Framework Programme?
- Not funded by an EU programme
- Is the Job associated to employees place inside a Analysis Infrastructure?
Area heating and cooling demand is anticipated to rise quickly within the coming a long time. Magnetocaloric refrigeration provides the likelihood to fulfill these demand in an vitality environment friendly and eco-friendly method.
We’re searching for passionate, artistic, and gifted people who wish to push the boundaries in growing a room temperature Magnetocaloric Fridge (MR) system. On this challenge, you’ll develop a singular MR which makes use of a magnetic liquid as a warmth switch fluid, not like water or water-alcohol mixtures within the present techniques. For its circulation, you’ll adapt the patent-pending magnetic pump developed in our lab and combine it to the MR. You’ll analyze the interactions between warmth switch fluid and the magnetic fields and make the most of this information to reinforce the magnetic pump efficiency. You’ll leverage this to optimize fluid stream and develop a MR system. For these actions, you make the most of experimental and numerical approaches. By integrating various fields corresponding to fluid mechanics, warmth switch, materials science, and magnetism, you will have the artistic freedom to make an significant impression in realizing a dependable and environment friendly MR system.
- A Grasp’s diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Utilized Physics, or a associated self-discipline.
- Curiosity and talent to study the inter-disciplinary points of the challenge pertaining to materials science and magnetism.
- Sturdy background in experimental improvement of warmth switch techniques.
- Complimentary expertise in numerical modeling is extremely most well-liked.
- You’ve got glorious communication abilities and are proficient in English, each spoken and written.
- Full-time 4-year PhD place with aggressive salaries and glorious advantages, together with a pension scheme.
- A dynamic analysis surroundings.
- Complete mentorship from skilled researchers and teachers.
- A chance to make important contributions to the magnetocaloric refrigeration area which holds promise for vitality environment friendly and eco-friendly cooling/heating.
- A beginning wage of €2.770,- gross per 30 days within the first 12 months and rising to €3.539,- gross per 30 days within the fourth 12 months.
- An annual vacation allowance of 8% of the gross annual wage, and an annual year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- A stable pension scheme.
- Minimal of 29 depart days in case of full-time employment.
- We offer glorious mentorship and a stimulating analysis surroundings to speed up your additional skilled and private progress.
- The College of Twente is located on a inexperienced and full of life campus with numerous amenities for sports activities and different actions.
To use, please submit the next paperwork earlier than the appliance deadline of January 5 2024:
- Curriculum Vitae (together with contact data for not less than two educational references).
- Title and summary of your Grasp’s challenge/thesis.
- A one-page motivation letter tailor-made for the job description. Keep away from sending generic motivation letters.
- Transcript of data out of your Bachelor and Grasp’s applications.
For extra data, please contact Dr. Ir. Keerthivasan Rajamani at [email protected]
The primary spherical of interviews can be scheduled within the final week of January 2024. A potential second spherical of interviews can be scheduled when wanted. We sit up for receiving your utility and welcoming you to our workforce.
- Web site for extra job particulars
- Variety of provides accessible
- Universiteit Twente
- Postal Code
- Drienerlolaan 5
The place to use
- Web site
- Web site
- Drienerlolaan 5
- Postal Code
- 7522 NB
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your e mail – cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.