International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center
The incumbent will provide management and administrative support for the One CGIAR Plant Health Initiative, a multi-institutional program that brings together multidisciplinary expertise from across ten CGIAR centers, working across multiple crops and geographies in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. This position will report to the Initiative Coordinator and Initiative Lead.
The duty station will be in Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coordination of processes related to work planning, monitoring, and reporting across all PHI implementing partners, including administration of a project-management software platform (Scriptoria).
- Collect and compile information from PHI staff for use in technical reports and other deliverables.
- Provide event management support for PHI-sponsored events and meetings.
- Facilitate internal communications and sharing among Initiative staff through appropriate software and communications tools.
- Develop, manage, and maintain initiative-level databases.
- Support administration of subgrants.
- Collect, collate, and organize survey data (household level and community level), and other information (e.g., adoption patterns, impacts etc.) as directed. Analyze such collected household survey data using advanced and most recent statistical and econometric techniques.
- Develop computer-assisted personal interview (CAPI) programs, train and supervise field data collection teams for the efficient deployment of large surveys for real and near-time data capture.
Education, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of work experience and/or master’s degree in business administration or related field.
- Minimum 2-3 years project management experience.
- Personal attributes and competencies:
- Excellent written communication skills (English).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work proactively and manage timelines to help keep teams on track.
- Strong computer skills, with demonstrated experience using a wide range of computer applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, project management software, conferencing software such as Zoom, and SharePoint or other collaborative workspace tools).
- Desirable experience working in institutions focused on research, agriculture, and/or of a donor-funded nature, and experience working in a multicultural environment.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.
Showing 1 - 4 of 9543 jobs
Project Manager – EA SPORTSElectronic ArtsVancouver, BCVancouver, BC
Secretary II – Public HealthNova Scotia Health and IWK HealthAntigonish, NSAntigonish, NS
Brand Ambassador (Victoria/Nanaimo, British Columbia)Tantalus LabsCanadaCanada
WASH emergency field coordinator- Spanish / Portuguese speakingIsraAIDIsraAIDIsraAID