JMK Community Health Foundation
Physician Job description
JMK Community Health Center
We are looking for a Physician to join our expanding primary care team and provide patients with high-quality treatment and diagnostic services as well as assist with care management.. The person in the Physician role will be responsible for meeting, assessing and diagnosing patients in our clinic. They will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life. The right candidate will have a passion for providing diagnostic services to patients and will enjoy working closely with other healthcare professionals in our organization.
Responsibilities for Physician
· Work with the primary healthcare team to provide patients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Internal Medicine patients.
· Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate and called for.
· Analyze reports, test results, medical records and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
· Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
· Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up-to-date before prescribing medication/treatment.
· Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
· Perform medical disability exams (also known as compensation and pension exams) for clients at our office. Exams involve taking histories and performing physical exams to determine the degree of disability.
· Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
· Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
· Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
Qualifications for Physician
· Experience providing primary care/Internal medicine and diagnostic services in a clinical setting.
· Experience prescribing appropriate medications, treatments and health regimens to treat patient health issues.
· Experience collaborating with specialists to explore patient health conditions and diagnose health issues.
· Experience working in a team of healthcare professionals and collaborating with them to ensure positive, effective patient experiences with our organization.
· Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
· Licensed in the state of California
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $70,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- Internal Medicine
- On call
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- BC/BE (Preferred)
- Medical License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.