Milieu Consulting SRL
Policy Analyst (Water and Marine Protection)
Milieu Consulting SRL
Milieu Consulting is a multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Brussels with a record of excellence in international and European policy and law – in fields such as environmental protection, energy, climate change, fundamental rights, justice, home affairs, public health, consumer protection, financial services, agriculture and occupational health and safety. We provide our expertise mainly for European institutions and other public sector clients. Despite having grown rapidly over the years we retain a very informal, collaborative and largely non-hierarchical working environment.
Please visit our website at www.milieu.be to understand more about our activities and our corporate culture.
We are seeking to reinforce our team with a policy analyst, with a background in environmental policy, and particular experience on the EU legal and policy framework for water and marine protection and its implementation (the Water Framework Directive and other specific water-related issues such as drinking water, floods, urban wastewater treatment, bathing water, and the Marine Strategy Framework Directive, as well as maritime spatial planning, coastal zone management and ocean governance). The policy analyst will work closely with the policy team and be involved in our policy research and analysis activities.
Key tasks will include the following:
- Preparation of analytical reports on European environmental policy, with a particular focus on water and marine protection;
- Gathering information through desk research including the collection of quantitative data;
- Supporting stakeholder consultation activities including the preparation and analysis of surveys, organising and carrying out interviews and focus groups;
- Carrying out quantitative data analysis;
- Drafting sections of proposals, reports and other deliverables under the supervision of senior team members;
- Supporting project management including communication with partners, clients and external experts and internal/external reporting tasks.
Key qualifications for the position:
- Master’s degree or higher in public policy, environmental protection/policy, economics or other relevant discipline (specialisation in water/marine issues a definite asset);
- Background and experience in European public policy analysis;
- Experience working on the interface between science and policy and the ability to communicate scientific information clearly to a policy audience;
- Minimum of 3 years prior work experience;
- Well- organised, practical-minded and able to prioritise a busy and varied workload;
- An independent, self-starter personality;
- Excellent written and spoken English; knowledge of other EU languages strongly desirable;
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
What you will find at Milieu:
- English as a principal working language;
- A very informal, supportive and collaborative working environment;
- A minimum of hierarchy and internal bureaucracy;
- A strong dedication to public policy;
- Highly professional and a strong commitment to quality in what we do;
- A dynamic multi-cultural atmosphere with some 25 nationalities;
- A stimulating working environment;
- A relaxed dress code – except when we are meeting our clients;
- Regular company barbecues, training lunches, weekly yoga classes; and
- Biennial company weekend retreats;
- The possibility of a hybrid working arrangement (maximum 40% from home).
Milieu Consulting would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications is 2 April 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Milieu Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.