University of Groningen
Publish-doc in Versatile electronics and MEMS (V23.0757)
- « Again to the overview
We’re at present seeking to fill a postdoctoral candidate positions as part of the Dutch Analysis Council (NWO) funded venture by means of Good Trade 2019. The primary objective of the post-doc venture shall be to develop versatile pressure sensors and 3D printed polymer MEMS circulate sensors.
We’re on the lookout for a extremely motivated and unbiased Postdoctoral candidate with a background in versatile electronics and MEMS, with a willingness to work in an interdisciplinary surroundings. Throughout your Publish-doc, you’ll work along with our vibrant interdisciplinary workforce, which consists of enthusiastic PhDs, and Publish-docs with backgrounds in MEMS, digital supplies, versatile electronics, biomimetics, sensor know-how and biomedical sensors.
The postdoctoral candidate will conduct analysis within the subject of versatile &wearable digital units, 3D printed MEMS sensors, and purposes of MEMS circulate sensors. The candidate is predicted to conduct analysis associated to versatile sensors, versatile smooth polymer MEMS and real-life purposes of MEMS. It consists of the embedding of such methods in a MEMS gadget, thus taking a electromechanical design and testing perspective, and offers with analysis actions on 3D printed MEMS, inkjet printed electronics and versatile electronics.
• design and conduct non-clean room based mostly fabrications of MEMS sensors by means of micro-projection stereolithography (µ-pSLA) approach
• discover 3D printing as a way to manufacture novel purposeful materials based mostly sensing parts
• develop wearable sensors for motion and wearable EMG, electrochemical sweat sensors to detect important physique parameters
• develop piezoresistive and piezocapacitive versatile digital sensors
• examine the sensing rules of novel 2D sensing supplies equivalent to electrospun carbon nanofibers, Graphene, and polymer piezoelectrics for MEMS/NEMS purposes.
• embed such micro/nano sensors in sensing methods for numerous purposes.
Since its basis in 1614, the College of Groningen has loved a world status as a dynamic and revolutionary centre of upper training providing high-quality educating and analysis. Balanced research and profession paths in all kinds of disciplines encourage at present greater than 34,000 college students and researchers to develop their very own particular person abilities. Belonging to one of the best analysis universities in Europe and the highest 100 universities on the earth (see our rating: http://www.rug.nl/(…)do-we-stand/rankings , the College of Groningen is really a world place of data. Inside the College of Science and Engineering (FSE), the Engineering and Know-how institute Groningen (ENTEG) conducts engineering science analysis and covers a broad space of mechanical engineering, digital supplies and MEMS, nanotechnology, management engineering, supplies engineering.
This present Publish-doc venture are a collaborative venture between the Bioinspired MEMS and Biomedical Units (BMBD) and the Discrete Know-how and Manufacturing Automation (DTPA) analysis items inside ENTEG. The MEMS analysis thrust inside BMBD analysis group chaired by Dr Ajay G.P. Kottapalli focuses on the event of superior micro/nano applied sciences to develop state-of-the-art MEMS/NEMS sensors and methods, biomimetic MEMS/NEMS, wearable sensors, 3D printing and additive manufacturing for novel MEMS sensors, and sensors for biomedical /medical /healthcare monitoring purposes. ng, and (bio)-chemical engineering.
• have a minimum of a PhD diploma in Electrical Engineering, Supplies Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or one other associated engineering training
• work expertise with an experimental background in polymer MEMS (design and fabrication) or versatile electronics (candidates with a background solely in computations and simulations should not eligible)
• expertise with experimental sensor fabrication tools and methods equivalent to inkjet printing, 3D printing, 3D printed electronics, electroprinting, electrospinning, aerosol jet printing
• expertise with MEMS fabrication course of flows in a cleanroom is a plus
• expertise in materials and electromechanical characterization instruments equivalent to SEM, nanoindenter, stress/compression testers
• expertise with Matlab, CAD/CAM, COMSOL and finite factor evaluation is helpful
• wonderful analysis qualities, as evidenced by a publication document in worldwide peer-reviewed journals and famend conferences, and a related worldwide community
• a dynamic, artistic and pioneering skilled angle
• capability to work independently and with colleagues
• an issue fixing capability
• cross-cultural sensitivity and powerful communication abilities
• in a position to talk and train in English, and Dutch is a bonus.
The applying ought to embody:
• CV which features a full record of publications
• motivation letter (1 web page)
• analysis assertion (1-2 Pages)
• copy of the PhD diploma or estimated time of commencement
• contact particulars of three tutorial references.
Circumstances of employment
We give you in accordance with the Collective Labour Settlement for Dutch Universities:
• a wage from a minimal of € 3,877 gross monthly as much as a most of € 5,090 gross monthly (wage scale 10) based mostly on a full-time place and depending on qualification and work expertise
• a vacation allowance of 8% gross annual revenue
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• a place is offered for 1 yr with a risk of extension.
Please ship your software to us, by submitting the next paperwork:
• letter of software
• curriculum vitae.
It’s possible you’ll apply for this place till 19 December 11:59pm / earlier than 20 December 2023 Dutch native time (CET) via the appliance type (click on on “Apply” under on the commercial on the college web site).
The College of Groningen strives to be a college through which college students and employees are revered and really feel at house, no matter variations in background, experiences, views, and identities. We imagine that engaged on our core values of inclusion and equality are a joint accountability and we’re constructively engaged on making a socially secure surroundings. Variety amongst college students and employees members enriches tutorial debate and contributes to the standard of our educating and analysis. We due to this fact invite candidates from underrepresented teams particularly to use. For extra data, see additionally our range coverage webpage: https://www.rug.nl/(…)rsity-and-inclusion/
Our choice process follows the rules of the Recruitment code (NVP): https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/nl/sollicitatiecode
Unsolicited advertising just isn’t appreciated.
For data you may contact:
- Dr A. G. P. Kottapalli,
+31 6 40827836, [email protected]
Please don’t use the e-mail tackle(es) above for purposes.
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your electronic mail – cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.