The University of Edinburgh
Fixed-term (temporary) – Full Time, 35 hours per week
Proposed start date: 01/05/2023
End date: 28/02/2026
Please note: for a later start date, the end date will remain the same.
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Chromosome Biology.
A postdoctoral position is available in Adele Marston’s lab at the Wellcome Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh. The Marston lab investigates fundamental mechanisms of chromosome segregation in mitosis and meiosis. The successful candidate will work on a project investigating how chromosome organisation impacts segregation. An overview of the laboratory can be found at http://marston.bio.ed.ac.uk/ . Please address all enquiries to [email protected]
Your skills and attributes for success:
- PhD in biological sciences
- Strong interest in chromosome biology and mitosis/meiosis
- Experience in molecular biology and, ideally, yeast genetics
- Ability to work independently or as part of team
- Willingness to establish and develop innovative new approaches
To apply, please click on the ‘Apply’ button above.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.