Buck Institute for Research on Aging
Location: Novato, California
Wage: $68,000 – $82,000
Medical – Analysis
Analysis Institute/Analysis Lab
Beneficiant advantages bundle together with medical insurance, paid parental go away, beneficiant PTO and 401(okay) with 5% employer match and revenue sharing.
Employer will help with relocation prices.
Inside Quantity: 202336
The Webb Lab on the Buck Institute is recruiting a Postdoctoral Scientist to research the molecular mechanisms of mind getting older and neurodegeneration. The profitable candidate may have expertise in molecular biology and/or neuroscience. A robust bioinformatics or knowledge science background is fascinating however not required. Candidates ought to have a observe file of contribution to peer-reviewed publications, progressive problem-solving abilities, and the flexibility to work nicely with a workforce.
The Webb Lab investigates the molecular mechanisms of mind getting older and neurodegeneration, with a deal with transcriptional and epigenetic mechanisms. We use a mix of cell-based fashions, in vivo mouse fashions, and genomics to interrogate age-related modifications and determine new targets to deal with age-related cognitive decline and neurodegeneration. The Webb Lab is an inclusive surroundings, and we welcome people from all backgrounds and identities.
- Design and carry out experiments to interrogate the mechanisms of neuronal getting older and cognitive decline.
- Use mouse fashions and/or cell-based programs to measure molecular options of getting older and manipulate candidate targets.
- Analyze knowledge and put together manuscripts in collaboration with the PI.
- Take part in Institute occasions together with symposia, seminars, and workshops.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The beginning wage for a brand new postdoc on the Buck is $68,000 in 2023, with a spread as much as $82,000 commensurate with postdoc stage & expertise.
- Thrilling, dynamic work surroundings on the forefront of science utilizing state-of-the-art strategies.
- Beneficiant advantages bundle together with medical insurance, paid parental go away, beneficiant PTO and 401(okay) with 5% employer match and revenue sharing.
- Collaborative surroundings – each for science and social actions.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, or a associated discipline
- Cell tradition and/or in vivo mouse expertise
- Primary molecular biology
- Bioinformatics abilities and expertise dealing with high-throughput sequencing datasets is fascinating however not required
- Consideration to element and the flexibility to work independently
- Collaborative and inclusive strategy to science
Create a Job Alert for Related Jobs
About Buck Institute for Analysis on Getting older
Our success will in the end change healthcare. On the Buck, we purpose to finish the specter of age-related ailments for this and future generations by bringing collectively probably the most succesful and passionate scientists from a broad vary of disciplines to determine and impede the methods during which we age. We’re an impartial, nonprofit establishment situated in Marin County, CA, with the purpose of accelerating human healthspan, or the wholesome years of life. Globally acknowledged because the pioneer and chief in efforts to focus on getting older—the primary danger issue for ailments together with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, most cancers, macular degeneration, coronary heart illness, and diabetes—the Buck seeks to assist individuals stay higher longer. We’re an equal alternative employer and attempt to create an environment the place variety of id, expertise, and background are welcomed, valued, and supported. Candidates who contribute to this variety are strongly inspired to use.
Connections working at Buck Institute for Analysis on Getting older
Extra Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Outcomes
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your electronic mail – cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.