North Okanagan Friendship Center Society
North Okanagan Friendship Center Society (NOFCS) is an Indigenous non-profit organization committed to providing culturally appropriate health and social programs and services for the North Okanagan community.
The Center is a place where people can meet for social, recreational, cultural and education activities. There are diverse programs that offer support and many opportunities for prevention, counselling, prenatal care, early childhood development, youth and elder programs, housing for young people, and employment and training programs.
LoveHR is pleased to support NOFCS in carrying out its important mission by assisting with hiring for this full-time role.
The successful hire will be facilitating weekly drop-in prenatal sessions and co-facilitating weekly postpartum peer support group at the Center. The main focus of the role is to provide ongoing support related to pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum, identify possible health and lifestyle risks and direct clients to other resources accordingly.
The Outreach Worker must be an excellent communicator who is resourceful, with strong conflict resolution skills, empathy, healthy boundaries and cultural sensitivity. Additionally, the right individual will have:
– Good knowledge of breast-feeding management, pregnancy, childbirth, and infant development
– Experience in counselling or program facilitation
– Awareness of postpartum depression and anxiety
– Understanding of nutrition and proper food preparation
– Valid First Aid Certificate and Food Safe Certification
– Valid BC class 5 driver’s license and reliable transportation with business insurance for work
– Clear Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search
If you are someone who is passionate about helping others through sharing knowledge, awareness and connection, we would love to hear from you. Please apply with your resume today.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
- What relevant experience/knowledge do you have?
- Do you have a valid BC class 5 driver’s license and your own vehicle?
- What is your wage expectation for this role?
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.