Please see detailed Expression of curiosity on Clear Air Fund web site right here: https://www.cleanairfund.org/about-us/jobs/consultancy-rfps/
Clear Air Fund is searching for organisations or consortiums with world or regional attain and experience in air high quality and analysis/analysis to conduct scenario analyses, stakeholder mapping and challenge scoping throughout six cities globally.
Clear Air Fund’s strategy to delivering Breathe Cities is to recruit native workers who will probably be answerable for figuring out and funding roughly $1m in grants per metropolis that construct proof and assist for the implementation of an formidable air high quality coverage, funding throughout the pillars of the Breathe Cities world concept of change.
In a choose variety of cities, our companions, C40 Cities, gives direct supply of the technical coverage help pillar. This work is knowledgeable and supported by a wants evaluation which maps coverage priorities and capability and supply gaps within the metropolis.
While Clear Air Fund is recruiting new workers in new geographies the place we don’t but have a presence, we’re searching for an organisation to conduct preparatory work that helps us to grasp the present scenario, and panorama of air high quality exercise within the metropolis, map stakeholders we are able to assist, and determine potential challenge must fund.
This work is meant to enhance and construct upon the aforementioned wants evaluation performed by C40, by going past metropolis officers and fascinating immediately with non-government stakeholders from the civil society and personal sector, and potential challenge companions, to grasp the place there are impactful grant-making alternatives.
What we’re searching for
We’re searching for organisations or consortiums with the capability to work by way of native workers or consultants in cities around the globe, to put the inspiration for growing the city-level methods and grant making for the cohort of cities becoming a member of Breathe Cities in 2023-2024.
The work will should be performed concurrently in 5/6 cities. These cities are at present being finalised and may’t be publicly named whereas we work to safe official affirmation into the programme, however will probably be primarily based in 5/6 out of the next geographies: Kenya, Morocco, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines.
We’re ideally searching for proposers who’ve native presence (both immediately or by way of partnerships/consortiums) throughout all of those geographies. Nonetheless, the place this isn’t attainable, we additionally invite proposals from companions that may have a presence throughout at the least one area (overlaying at the least a 3rd of the geographies outlined above).
The general aim of this work is to develop a succinct doc for every metropolis that may embody a scenario evaluation, a stakeholder mapping of potential grantees, steered precedence areas of labor and brief idea notes (one pagers) of attainable tasks to fund as a precedence. The construction / template(s) needs to be standardised throughout cities and will probably be mentioned with the profitable organisations in the beginning of the project (for every metropolis, the deliverable ought to slot in a most of 5 pages, with further annexes for the stakeholder mapping and idea notes of 1 web page every).
In the end, this doc is to be handed over to Clear Air Fund city-level workers after they begin working with us, and will assist them assess rapidly the scenario and be capable of prioritise and develop a full metropolis technique successfully.
The required work in will embody the next:
- Develop a brief scenario evaluation following a standardised template, to be supplied, within the metropolis, together with:
- A abstract air high quality ‘state of play’ concerning information availability1, most important sources, well being affect, affected communities, and key air high quality insurance policies and different contextual data within the metropolis
- An outline of current air high quality initiatives underway within the metropolis, which Breathe Cities might construct on
- Conduct a stakeholder mapping within the metropolis and develop an inventory of potential grantees that Breathe Cities might assist, together with:
- Technical stakeholders that may undertake information era actions (low-cost sensor deployments, citizen science and consciousness elevating tasks, supply evaluation, well being impacts evaluation, and many others.). An in depth record of attainable challenge areas Breathe Cities might assist will probably be supplied.
- Stakeholders that may construct public consciousness, marketing campaign on air high quality and assist neighborhood motion and engagement, together with grassroot organisations, neighborhood teams and CSOs with an air air pollution or associated focus.
- In ~2 of the cities, organisations or stakeholders that may present technical help and capability constructing assist to metropolis governments
- Conduct a literature assessment, interviews/focus group discussions with potential grantees and key air air pollution actors past metropolis officers, to evaluate capability, current initiatives, determine attainable actions and priorities.
- Primarily based on the scenario evaluation and the interviews/focus teams, counsel some precedence areas of labor for Breathe Cities to assist.
- Develop a number of (~4 – 6 per metropolis) brief idea notes (template to be supplied by Clear Air Fund) for attainable tasks to fund beneath every pillar and greatest actors to work with for these.
Expression of Curiosity necessities
- As outlined above, we’re searching for organisations or consortiums which have the native workers or partnerships within the geography lined on this temporary, given the significance of understanding the native context.
- We welcome consortia of organisations to bid the place mandatory
- Expertise and expertise anticipated:
- Analytical expertise, capability to succinctly current advanced information and data
- Deep expertise in technique improvement (together with scenario evaluation), ideally for philanthropically funded programmes/worldwide improvement and, ideally, in air air pollution, local weather or well being associated sectors
- Sturdy experience, data and a confirmed monitor report within the administration of analysis and analysis actions
- Complete technical understanding of air air pollution
- Demonstrated expertise making use of fairness lens to challenge design/planning and improvement
- Cultural sensitivity and skill to interact numerous stakeholders together with technical and significantly grassroots and civil society organisations
- Capability to work rapidly and collaboratively with Clear Air Fund colleagues and our associate C40
- Contributors needs to be ready to carry common challenge calls with the Breathe Cities crew who’re primarily based in UK and USA time zones.
Tips on how to apply
Expression of Curiosity, and questions needs to be despatched to Axelle Fidelin [email protected], earlier than the deadline of twenty seventh November.
Expression of curiosity needs to be not than 2 pages (phrase or pdf format) and reply to the next questions/necessities:
- Why is your organisation greatest positioned to ship the work (together with outlining the way you met the abilities and expertise required, and the flexibility to ship concurrently in quite a lot of international locations throughout the globe, utilizing native workers)?
- How would you plan to strategy this work (excessive degree define of methodology)?
- How lengthy do you assume you would want to ship towards the anticipated deliverables? As a sign, we don’t count on the ground-work to take greater than 6 weeks in every metropolis.
- Embrace a high-level price range primarily based round key actions and anticipated deliverables
- Declare any battle of pursuits, or attainable vested pursuits, which might affect the strategic decisions really useful
We envisage the general work and related deliverables on this temporary to take no more than 3 months whole.
Worth for cash will probably be assessed as a part of the choice standards.
We’re organising a name on Wednesday twenty second November from 4:30-5pm. Please contact Axelle Fidelin to obtain the Groups Hyperlink to hitch the decision.