Expression of Interest (EOI)
Prequalification of Retailers for WFP Philippine Country Office
The United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability, and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
As part of our operations in the Philippines, we will participate in the implementation of an electronic food voucher project with the Department of Social Welfare and Development where beneficiaries are issued a plastic payment card similar to a debit card that they can use to pay for pre-approved food items from WFP accredited local retailers. The project will run for six months with a possibility for nationwide expansion by the Philippine government.
In this regard, WFP Philippine CO invites local retailers from Surigao del Norte, Maguindanao, and Tondo, Manila to express their interest in the abovementioned project. To become part of WFP shortlisted retailers, suppliers will be evaluated based on the minimum requirements below and submission of the EOI Application form.
- Legally registered in the Philippines (legal registration, trade license, and VAT).
- Company with three (03) years’ experience as an established business; (retail business experience is preferred).
- Company accepts WFP’s payment terms and conditions including send-bill arrangement.
- Ability to provide staff training on retail operations and in-store services and/or store maintenance.
- Ability to provide store operations and back-of-house operation manuals in the required language.
- Ability to meet food quality standards and WFP’s monitoring and inspection requirements.
- Readiness to dispatch additional company staff to outlet locations, as needed.
- Willingness to learn and apply data analytics to improve and efficiently run retail operations; maintain uninterrupted food supply, delivering high-quality service whilst maintaining cleanliness and hygiene levels.
- Ability and willingness to procure locally produced fresh food (vegetables, eggs, chicken, live fish
etc.) from the local farmers.
- Ability to adhere to WFP’s humanitarian principles and standards, including no discrimination against beneficiaries, and data protection requirements.
Copy of the EOI Registration Form along with more detailed information can be acquired by sending an email to WFP Manila Procurement at [email protected].
Interested parties may submit the duly accomplished EOI response form and all supporting documents to [email protected] on or before 30 June 2023, 17.00HRS Manila Philippines Time.
Please note that this is not an invitation to submit bids/quotations and does not constitute a solicitation. WFP reserves the right to change or cancel this procurement process or any of its requirements at any time during the process: any such action will be communicated to all participants.
To help us track our procurement effort, please indicate in your email where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this tender/procurement notice.