Join Vanguard’s Product Pricing and Economics team! In this role, you will provide complex financial analysis and advice for financial forecasting and issue resolution to the business and management team. You will also document and produce impactful improvements in key financial processes.
The Senior Analyst, Product Pricing & Economics:
- Creates complex financial models and analyses to evaluate business initiatives. Analyzes cost estimates and forecasts.
- Independently handles the most complex issues and assignments. Develops new approaches to analyze and resolve the most difficult problems.
- Contributes to annual planning process and ongoing quarterly forecasts. Owns and validates rationale for multi-year financial forecast of revenue, operating expenses, asset and cash flow. Develops strategic reporting for financial and performance insight data for senior leadership. Analyzes data and recommends options to improve business performance and strategy alignment.
- Develops measures for evaluating key business performance, projects, and investments.
- Conducts ad hoc and periodic evaluations to assess the profitability of product lines and distribution channels. Provides guidance and support contributing to the financial development and growth of the team.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Five years related work experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Economics or Finance degree preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
- CPA, CFM, CMA, or other financial designation preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.