Walsh School of Foreign Service (SFS) - Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation’s capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Program Manager, Undergraduate Program – Walsh School of Foreign Service (SFS) – Georgetown University
Walsh School of Foreign Service (SFS), founded in 1919, is a premier school of international affairs. We provide a rigorous education grounded in both theory and practice while instilling the Jesuit value of service. SFS offers eight undergraduate majors, each of which allows students to engage with the substance of international affairs scholarship from a different angle.
The Program Manager is responsible for the financial and administrative operations of the SFS Undergraduate Program and supports the Vice Dean and Director in the management of the budget and student programs.
As well, they administer BSFS event planning and communications management, and provide general support to the Vice Dean, the Director, and other senior staff.
Reporting to the SFS Vice Dean for Undergraduate Affairs, the Program Manager works closely with faculty and other members of the BSFS team and the SFS Dean’s Office.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 0-2 years of related program and budget management experience – preference for higher education experience [note: consideration will be given a or equivalent combination of education and experience]
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- A commitment to outstanding customer service
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Experience or interest in international relations
- Willingness achieve proficiency with Workday Financials – preference for current proficiency in the Workday Financials system.
- Proficiency with technologies related to the duties of the position, including budgeting, social media and marketing
- Event management experience
Work Mode: Hybrid. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources
Mode of Work Designation
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on globalvacancies.org
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.