International Labour Organization
The International Labor Organization (ILO) will implement the Project “Building a Comprehensive Government Approach to Combat Child Labor and Forced Labor in Mexico.” The objective is to strengthen the capacities of government institutions to prevent and combat child labor, forced labor, and human trafficking in Mexico and in the migratory context. The project will have interventions in Chiapas, Yucatán and Quintana Roo, as well as interventions at the regional level including Belize, El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala.
The project is implemented within the framework of the commitments assumed by Mexico as a Pioneer Country of Alliance 8.7, with the aim of accelerating actions to achieve Goal 8.7 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). As a Pioneer country of Alliance 8.7, Mexico adopted a Roadmap with 10 priority actions to eradicate child labor, forced labor and human trafficking, and the project will provide support to implement the Roadmap.
Mexico is also a member and co-chair of the advisory board of the Global Initiative for Fair Recruitment, which aims, among others, to prevent forced labor. The project will support Mexico to promote Fair Recruitment practices at the national level. In addition, the project will strengthen the role of Mexico in the Regional Initiative for Latin America and the Caribbean Free of Child Labor (RILAC), a regional platform that closely coordinates with Alianza 8.7. To date, RILAC has shown significant results in the region, including the creation of a South-South and Triangular Cooperation mechanism and the development and implementation of the Child Labor Risk Identification Model (CLRISK). RILAC has represented an important platform to foster alliances, innovation,
Main functions and responsibilities:
- Provide support for the implementation of activities for the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the project, ensuring that the required information is collected in a timely manner.
- Provide logistical and administrative support in the preparation and review of the Project Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Systematize inputs and support in the definition, monitoring and updating of the baseline, indicators and goals of the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan of the project.
- Carry out administrative tasks and logistical coordination related to the organization of trips (issuance of visas, hotel reservations, etc.), conferences, seminars, workshops and meetings, for the M&E area and for project personnel when necessary.
- Support in the preparation, compilation of documentation, development of the agenda for external evaluations and consultancies for baseline studies, audits or other types of support to the area.
- Carry out logistical and administrative tasks for the organization of evaluation activities, among other administrative processes required for the development of the activities, ensuring their compliance in a timely manner.
- Support the systematization of results, lessons learned and good practices of the project
- Perform other tasks assigned by the supervisor, the Project Coordinator and/or the Office Director
- University degree in Public Policy, Economics, Statistics or similar areas from an accredited academic institution
- Postgraduate studies, courses or specialization in M&E, results-based management, statistics, evaluation, quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Minimum: Two years of support experience in the execution, monitoring and evaluation of technical cooperation projects (at the national and/or international level) and/or effective work with government entities in charge of policy formulation and/or with partners for the development .
- Experience in analyzing and systematizing information and data for the production of qualitative and/or quantitative reports on project progress, results and for the calculation of indicators.
- Knowledge of database management and programming.
- Work experience in an environment using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Oracle, SAP, or processors and visualizations to analyze data such as SPSS, STATA, R, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Spanish and intermediate level of English
Recommend your friend
Main functions and responsibilities:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.
Senior Solution Designer, AEM Digital OperateDeloitteMontreal, QCMontreal, QC
Logistics Account Manager (Southern Ontario)NA Freight Forwarding IncBarrie, ONBarrie, ON
Field Marketing & Sales RepresentativeLucent Marketing GroupKanata, ONKanata, ON
Bilingual Accounting Software Trainer / Customer Service – Automotive DealershipPBS SYSTEMSOntario - Milton, NSOntario - Milton, NS