United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The United Nations Growth Programme (UNDP) is the UN’s international growth community, advocating for change and connecting nations to data, expertise, and sources to assist folks construct a greater life. We’re on the bottom in 170 nations and territories, working with governments and other people on their very own options to international and nationwide growth challenges to assist empower lives and construct resilient nations.
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Growth Objectives (SDGs) and the pledge to depart nobody behind replicate the interconnectedness of well being and sustainable growth points such because the widening financial and social inequalities, the local weather disaster, fast urbanisation, the persevering with burden of HIV and different infectious illnesses (e.g., malaria, tuberculosis, COVID.19), the rising burden of non-communicable illnesses and the emergence of well being threats. The scope and scale of delivering well being and well-being for all calls for modern partnerships and financing.
UNDP’s partnership with the World Fund (GF), in keeping with UNDP’s HIV and Health Strategy 2022-2025: ‘Connecting the Dots’, makes an important contribution to UNDP’s Strategic Plan 2022-2025, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Growth and the pledge to depart nobody behind. When requested, UNDP acts as interim Principal Recipient (PR), working with nationwide companions and the World Fund to make sure administration, implementation, and oversight of GF grants, whereas concurrently strengthening well being establishments and methods for nationwide entities to imagine the PR position over time.
As a trusted, long-term associate of The World Fund to Battle AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (World Fund, GF), UNDP’s worth proposition lies in offering an built-in package deal of growth options to strengthen establishments to ship well being companies. By way of its contributions as interim Principal Recipient (PR) and supplier of technical help in over 53 nations since 2003, UNDP’s provision of built-in coverage, implementation and capability growth help to nations has yielded vital well being and growth leads to difficult working environments. Proactive danger administration and investing in sustainability are the cornerstones of UNDP’s portfolio administration strategy and offering technical help to nationwide counterparts throughout all phases of implementation, strengthening laws, insurance policies, and regulatory frameworks, and constructing capacities throughout key purposeful areas, together with monetary administration, well being data methods, procurement, and provide chain administration. Throughout the HIV and Well being Group, the World Fund Partnership and Well being Programs Staff (GFPHST) is a devoted crew offering help to UNDP Nation Workplaces implementing well being and growth programmes.
UNDP has been recognized by the GF because the interim PR for the Congo HIV and TB grant for the implementation interval 1 July 2021 to 31 December 2023. For efficient implementation of the World Fund sources, UNDP Congo has established a Program Administration Unit (PMU), which is accountable for the day-to-day general programme administration, danger administration, coverage steerage, monetary accountability, procurement of products, together with well being services, strengthening of the nationwide methods. The GF sources are applied in accordance with UNDP guidelines, insurance policies and procedures, the grant affirmation, company agreements with the GF and in shut coordination with the nationwide stakeholders, Frequent Administration Unit, Sub-recipients (SRs), NGOs, CSOs, communities, technical companions, UN entities and the World Fund (Native Fund Agent) and Nation Coordinating Mechanism.
UNDP Congo is in search of the companies of Programme Specialist, who will deputize for the Programme Coordinator. The Programme Specialist will promote a collaborative, client-oriented strategy, guaranteeing integration throughout purposeful areas throughout the PMU and help the combination of capability constructing and well being system strengthening actions.
Below the general supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the Programme Specialist will likely be accountable for supporting the efficient implementation of this system actions and monitoring/analysis actions. S/he will likely be accountable for managing the programme and M&E groups to make sure well timed implementation of actions, high quality supervision, and the availability of technical and coverage advisory help to realize a excessive degree of programme efficiency and high quality companies. The Programme Specialist will lead and supervise the monitoring and analysis actions and be sure that the capacities of companions on this technical space are strengthened and s/he’ll lead on the oversight of programme actions and well timed and high quality reporting to the Nation Workplace, GF, CCN and different reporting necessities (e.g., Sub-recipients, service suppliers) together with partnerships and data administration actions. This will likely be achieved in accordance with UNDP guidelines, insurance policies and procedures, the grant settlement and company agreements with the GF, and dealing in partnership with nationwide stakeholders, and in coordination with the World Fund (together with Native Fund Agent), technical companions and UN entities, the GFPHST and different UNDP enterprise items and programmes.
- Leads on the programmatic and M&E actions for UNDP and Sub-recipients together with the event of reprogramming requests, annual and quarterly workplans and budgets to make sure well timed achievement of agreed outcomes, price range compliance in accordance with UNDP guidelines, insurance policies and procedures and Grant Settlement with the Fund (e.g., Efficiency Framework);
- Oversees Sub-recipient administration for normal, high quality reporting to UNDP on programmatic progress (e.g., implementation of actions, and reporting of indicators in accordance with the grant M&E frameworks), together with the common monitoring and reporting in opposition to an SR Threat Administration Index;
- Helps the well timed implementation of research to be carried out, together with the finalization of research protocols and their detailed budgets for consideration by the GF; and
- Below the steerage of the Undertaking Coordinator, within the areas of programme and M&E leads on supporting programme audits (together with Sub-recipients) and investigations and in coordination with the Regional Bureau, Workplace of Audit and Investigations, GFPHST and ensures well timed observe up on administration actions and restoration actions.
Gives capability constructing in grant administration and monitoring and analysis for the achievement of the next outcomes:
- Gives technical help to implementing companions to strengthen their administration and implementation of actions, in addition to their M&E methods and develops danger mitigation and administration plans and set up and monitoring system to watch the implementation of the danger matrix and administration plans.
- Oversees an everyday programme administration and overview course of to enhance the efficiency of SR companions and UNDP efficiency in opposition to grant targets and the implementation plan.
- Proactively anticipates implementation bottlenecks and identifies modern methods to resolve the identical to strengthen programme implementation and oversight, M&E reporting expertise of the Sub-recipients.
- Helps growth and implementation of capability growth plans and mechanisms.
- Ensures the implementation of enhancements to the HMIS based mostly on suggestions and consultations already commissioned.
- Helps UNDP’s contribution to the nationwide strategic planning course of for the programmes based mostly on proof gained throughout implementation of the programmes; and
- Leads the design and supply of programmatic and M&E and well being data system coaching and/or capability constructing, along with implementing companions concerned within the implementation of the grants.
Ensures upkeep of strategic partnerships with key nationwide actors and helps useful resource mobilization efforts specializing in achievement of the next outcomes:
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator, builds strategic partnerships and maintains robust working relationships with the CCN, TB and AIDS nationwide packages, communities, UN and different technical companions, to make sure clear and efficient administration, high quality companies and oversight of the programmes;
- Helps the Undertaking Coordinator to develop help technical help and illustration of the UNDP within the means of World Fund grant growth
Facilitation of information constructing and sharing specializing in achievement of the next outcomes:
- Identifies and assesses the implications of UNDP’s guidelines, insurance policies and procedures within the purposeful areas of programme administration and monitoring and analysis on the implementation of GF programmes in coordination with GFPHST and different UNDP items (e.g., BMS) and reviews to the Nation Workplace on adjustments to GF guidelines that influence on the programme;
- Gives top quality programme briefs, write ups and inputs to UNDP reviews together with, ROAR, Annual Reviews, Briefing Notes and another request for data and represents UNDP on the request of the Programme Coordinator
- Identifies and helps growth of communications (e.g., print, video) highlighting key programme achievements, finest practices, and classes learnt and contributes to data sharing companions, the World Fund, Regional Bureau and GFPHST; and
- Actively participates in UNDP and different related exterior networks to advertise the programmes and UNDP’s well being and growth work (e.g., conferences, group of observe, Yammer) and represents UNDP in related technical conferences, working teams at nation, regional and international degree and gathers classes learnt to use to the programmes.
- Oversees the administration of the Programme and Monitoring and Analysis Groups offering supportive supervision and mentoring.
- Ensures common feed-back and efficiency evaluations of direct reviews, and well timed contract renewals; and
- Tracks skilled growth targets of crew members and oversees the implementation of a practical coaching and help plan for groups and employees.
Different duties assigned by the Programme Coordinator
Obtain Outcomes-LEVEL 3: Set and align difficult, achievable aims for a number of tasks, have lasting influence
Assume Innovatively-LEVEL 3: Proactively mitigate potential dangers, develop new concepts to resolve complicated issues
Be taught Constantly-LEVEL 3: Create and act on alternatives to increase horizons, diversify experiences
Adapt with Agility-LEVEL 3: Proactively provoke and champion change, handle a number of competing calls for
Act with Willpower-LEVEL 3: Assume past instant job/boundaries and take motion to realize larger outcomes
Interact and Accomplice-LEVEL 3: Political savvy, navigate complicated panorama, champion inter-agency collaboration
Allow Range and Inclusion-LEVEL 3: Admire advantages of various workforce and champion inclusivity
Folks Administration Competencies
UNDP Folks Administration Competencies may be discovered within the devoted site.
- Enterprise Path and Technique-Negotiate and Affect: Capacity to succeed in an understanding, persuade others, resolve factors of distinction, acquire benefit within the final result of dialogue, negotiate mutually acceptable options by means of compromise and create ‘win-win’ conditions
- Enterprise Growth-Data Facilitation: Capacity to animate people and communities of contributors to take part and share, notably externally
- Enterprise Administration-Undertaking Administration: Capacity to plan, organise, prioritise and management sources, procedures and protocols to realize particular targets
- Enterprise Administration-Portfolio Administration: Capacity to pick, prioritize and management the group’s programmes and tasks, in keeping with its strategic aims and capability; potential to stability the implementation of change initiatives and the upkeep of business-as-usual, whereas optimizing return on funding
- Enterprise Path & Technique-System Considering: Capacity to make use of goal drawback evaluation and judgement to know how interrelated components coexist inside an general course of or system, and to think about how altering one ingredient can influence on different components of the system
- Well being-HIV, Well being and Growth: Understanding and sensible expertise of social determinants of well being and the flexibility to use them to strategic and/or sensible conditions
- 2030 Agenda: Folks-Well being: World Fund to Battle AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria (GFATM)
- Superior college diploma (grasp’s diploma or equal) in Public Well being, Worldwide Growth, Social Sciences or associated discipline is required or
- A primary-level college diploma (bachelor’s diploma) together with an extra two years of qualifying expertise will likely be given due consideration in lieu of the superior college diploma
- Minimal 5 years (with Grasp diploma) or 7 years (with Bachelor’s diploma) of progressive related expertise in managing well being and growth tasks together with within the administration of HIV packages is required
- Expertise working in difficult working setting is required
- Demonstrated expertise in growing and managing efficient partnerships with authorities and civil society organizations within the space of well being and growth programmes is required
- Expertise in supervising and managing a crew is required
- Expertise working in difficult working setting is required
- Demonstrated expertise within the administration of well being data methods, and monitoring and analysis desired
- Sturdy data of UN or UNDP guidelines, insurance policies and procedures desired
- Sturdy data of World Fund’s guidelines, insurance policies and procedures and reporting to the World Fund a plus
- Expertise in constructing capability of nationwide stakeholders within the space of well being and growth programmes together with M&E a plus.
- Fluency in French, each written and oral required.
- Fluency in English an asset
Apply for job
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.