Engineers and Geoscientists BC
Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia is currently searching for a Project Analyst to join our team in Burnaby!
The Project Analyst leads or co-leads strategic initiatives and complex projects as part of the organization’s Project Management Office (PMO). This includes being responsible for project budgets, task and resource allocation, and reporting on project data. The Project Analyst will assist in the development and analysis of PMO processes, templates, and tools, ultimately contributing to the continuous improvement of the PMO function.
The Project Analyst will have the opportunity to join a high-performing and close-knit team of professionals working within the unique landscape of professional regulation. Our organization – one of BC’s Top Employers – has fantastic benefits, an inclusive culture, and a flex day schedule that essentially offers every second Friday off.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Leads or co-leads strategic initiatives and complex projects as part of the organization’s Project Management Office (PMO). Provides support and guidance to staff leads of other projects in project management best practices, including assisting in training as required.
- Manages project lifecycle of key projects from start to finish including project planning and analysis, resource effort estimations (staffing and budgeting), and providing guidance to staff on task allocation and delegation.
- Assists in the integration of user experience design and change management best practices in parallel with project management functions.
- Assists in the development and analysis of PMO processes, templates, and tools; contributes to the continuous improvement of the PMO function.
- Builds strong relationships across the organization and leverages relationships with internal stakeholders to obtain buy-in on strategic projects. Provides guidance and training to key staff members on project development and implementation.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date project status data. Analyzes, researches, and creates reports on project status.
- Works with the Manager, PMO to prepare project and portfolio updates for presentation to the Executive, Board, and to other internal groups.
- Manages relationships between project teams and internal/external stakeholders and liaises between project teams where required. Facilitates and participates in project-related committee and stakeholder meetings.
- Assists the Manager, PMO, and the Executive with priority-related challenges involving competing projects. Applies solutions-based problem-solving techniques to determine options to address such challenges.
- Assists with PMO internal communications and awareness building activities.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- PMP, CAPM, or equivalent project management certification is preferred.
- P.Eng. or P.Geo. status is preferred.
- 5-7 years progressive relevant experience in project management
- Ability to lead and manage complex projects with responsibility for budgeting and resource allocation
- Ability to build strong relationships across the organization and engage internal stakeholders
- Experience in data reporting and data governance
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve project management processes and tools
- Understanding of and experience working in the fields of engineering and geoscience is preferred
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Each member of our team enables us to deliver on our vision of “modern regulation for a resilient world”. We serve the public as an inclusive, progressive, and future-focused regulator. At Engineers and Geoscientists BC we are committed to demonstrating our values of collaboration, excellence, integrity, and innovation.
We have a flexible work environment and are committed to employee development. We offer a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, a generous benefits program including a group health program, a group retirement program, generous vacation allowances, and a flex day program that offers compressed workweeks.
EGBC offers employees a hybrid work model with an assigned schedule confirming days worked remotely and days worked in-office. Most roles will be expected to work in-office a minimum of two days per week during regular business operations. We provide the required tools and equipment for employees to work remotely.
WHO WE ARE
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is proud to be recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers.
Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia is the business name of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia. Engineers and Geoscientists BC regulates and governs these professions under the authority of the Professional Governance Act.
We are charged with protecting the public interest by setting and maintaining high academic, experience, and professional practice standards for over 40,000 registrants. Individuals licensed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC are the only persons permitted by law to undertake and assume responsibility for engineering and geoscience projects in BC.
We are a not-for-profit organization governed by a council of elected registrants, licensees, and government appointees. Council is accountable to the public through the Ministry of the Attorney General, under the Office of the Superintendent of Professional Governance, for both the governance and management of the organization.
To learn more about our work please visit us at https://www.egbc.ca.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.