University of Manchester
The Evolve programme aims to provide the University with stable and highly available IT services that enable our current and future needs and is fundamental to ensuring we have the right technology in place to support future capabilities and will provide the foundations for further strategic change
Reporting to the Programme Manager, the IT Operations Centre Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of monitoring tools and technologies, problem and major incident management processes, and creating the operating model for a new IT operations centre as part of a larger Evolve programme.
This individual will manage the project from initiation through to closure, ensuring the project is delivered on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of all stakeholders. They will also work collaboratively with other project and programme managers to ensure alignment with the overall programme objectives.
- ITIL v3 or v4 accredited certification (foundation or better)
- PRINCE2 / PMP / AGILE / SixSigma or equivalent accreditation (practitioner / green belt or better)
- Proven experience as a project manager, with a track record of delivering complex IT projects on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage budgets, schedules, risks, and resources.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to effectively communicate project status, progress, issues, and risks to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop and implement effective risk mitigation plans.
- Experience working collaboratively with other programme managers to ensure effective cross-functional working and programme delivery.
- Knowledge of IT operations centre implementation best practices and technologies.
- Successful management and implementation of similar IT operations centre projects.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of age, sex, gender (or gender identity), ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
Our University is positive about flexible working – you can find out more here
Blended working arrangements may be considered
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Name: Karen O’Neil
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date.
Please see the link below for the Further Particulars document which contains the person specification criteria.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.