The Environment Centre
Job Title: Challenge Officer (Swansea Group Greenspaces Challenge)
Accountable to: Centre Supervisor
Wage: £25-27,000 every year/professional rata, relying on expertise.
Core Hours: 28 hours per week. We’re versatile by way of days and hours labored. Occasional weekend or
night work will probably be essential. Functions for job sharing are welcomed.
Place Kind: Half time, 1 12 months mounted till December 2024. Potential to increase depending on funding.
Annual Go away: 25 days plus financial institution holidays, every year/professional rata
Pension: Authorities NEST scheme, 3% employer / 5% worker contribution
Location: Based mostly at The Setting Centre, Pier Avenue, Swansea, SA1 1RY. Working from residence, in addition to
with teams all through Swansea can also be anticipated.
Are you somebody who has a ardour for nature and being a part of grassroots actions to
defend it? Are you effectively organised, a problem-solver, with expertise of sensible motion to
assist communities take care of their inexperienced areas? Do you want the concept of motivating and
supporting community-led motion to enhance biodiversity, improve meals rising and improve our
native atmosphere? If this sounds such as you, then we’d love to fulfill you!
The Swansea Group Inexperienced Areas Challenge helps communities to make better use of
publicly owned and accessible inexperienced areas inside their neighbourhoods and turn out to be extra concerned
in how these are managed and improved for neighborhood profit resembling to offer higher play
areas, to help nature restoration or to develop a neighborhood rising space.
This function will embody proactively advising teams, participating native communities,
organising coaching, and delivering sensible actions. The profitable candidate could have a
good understanding of environmental and sustainability points, expertise in managing neighborhood
initiatives and dealing with volunteers, a powerful background in horticulture and/or nature
conservation, and expertise networking with teams and organisations.
As Challenge Officer you can be anticipated to offer recommendation, steering and coaching to neighborhood
teams to assist them obtain their objectives. This contains:
- Actively reaching out and fascinating with communities and teams, proving encouragement and
help, and appearing as the primary level of contact for info and recommendation.
- Advising new teams on establishing as constituted our bodies and making ready insurance policies.
- Serving to teams have interaction native communities e.g. by consultations and occasions;
- Serving to teams to hold out danger assessments on actions.
- Creating and serving to ship a year-long coaching programme in response to the
coaching wants of teams and people inside these.
- Sharing web site administration and rising expertise, to extend members information and
- Creating content material for communications and promotions and, with help, sustaining the
undertaking webpage and social media.
- Networking with native and nationwide organisations to lift the profile of the undertaking, to
entry help and assets, and to advertise collaboration.
- Making use of for funding or working with funders to establish appropriate initiatives to help.
- Duty for mentoring and supporting volunteers concerned within the undertaking.
- Facilitating a feasibility research one of the best course of to place into place to hyperlink up
the mapping of publicly owned areas which can be underutilised or out there for neighborhood
administration, with teams that wish to entry land to handle for neighborhood profit.
- Being accountable for the gathering of knowledge and knowledge from teams and wider undertaking
exercise, to allow ongoing monitoring and analysis.
- Contributing to the annual Challenge Report.
- Arranging Swansea Group Inexperienced Areas Steering Group conferences, offering updates on
actions and recording assembly notice.
- A powerful background in horticulture and/or conservation.
- Expertise of facilitating group exercise or organising at a neighborhood stage.
- Expertise of undertaking administration and talent to organise occasions and actions.
- An understanding of well being and questions of safety and expertise of making ready danger assessments.
- Sturdy folks expertise, expertise working with volunteers, neighborhood leaders and undertaking
- Capable of work with a various vary of individuals and deal diplomatically with conflicting concepts
- Wonderful organisational and time administration expertise.
- Self-motivated and comfy working alone and with others.
- understanding of environmental and sustainability points.
- Skill to develop and ship fundamental coaching in horticulture and/or conservation.
- Expertise of utilizing social media and updating web site content material.
- Skill to speak by the medium of Welsh.
Easy methods to Apply
Please full our Software Type, out there on our web site.
The deadline for functions is Noon on Monday eleventh December 2023.
We anticipate interviews to happen the week of 18th December 2023.
Find out more & apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your e-mail/cowl letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.