MSI Reproductive Choices is one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We believe that everyone should have the right to choose. From contraception to safe abortion and life-saving post-abortion care, we are committed to delivering compassionate, affordable, high-quality services for all.
Today, our organisation has over 9,000 team members working in 37 countries across the world. Our success lies in the fact that MSI teams are locally led, entrepreneurial and results-driven, and are passionate about delivering high quality, client-centered care in their own communities. As a social business, we focus on sustainable delivery, efficiency, and funding models that are built to last, so that the women and girls we serve today will have a choice in the future too.
We know that access to reproductive choice is life changing. For some, it can mean the ability to complete an education or start a career. For others, it means being able to look after the family they already have. For everyone, it means the freedom to decide their own future, creating a fairer, more equal world.
About the Role
As a Purchase Ledger Officer your responsibilities will include maintaining the purchase ledger by posting invoices into the accounting system as well as verification to ensure correct coding and accuracy. You will also be verifying supplier accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
The successful candidate must have experience in a similar role within the Purchase Ledger and capable of dealing with a high volume of transactions in a sizable organisation.
You will need a good working knowledge of Excel and experience of SUN Systems is desirable.
Working closely with other Purchase Ledger members, you will need excellent communication skills and be motivated to seek out answers, generate ideas and develop new skills.
Attention to detail is key.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
To perform this role, it is essential that you have the following skills:
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment, respecting and collaborating with all individuals equally, and with a commitment to overcome bias and prejudice
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel – essential
- Strong understanding in accounting terminology and of double entry – essential
- Excellent numeracy skills – essential
- Working knowledge of HMRC guidelines – desirable
- Eyes for minimal details
- Process invoice and expenses with accuracy
To perform this role, it is essential that you have the following experience:
- Reconciling large supplier accounts – essential
- Reconciling Employee’s expenses including corporate cards – essential
- Working on a shared inbox – desirable
- Experienced on Sun Accounts Version 6 – desirable
- Experience of Vision Reporting – desirable
We seek exceptional individuals who are aligned to MSI’s mission and entrepreneurial mindset. You must be a strong communicator, self-motivated and solutions-seeking, committed to driving social change in an environment that measures sustainable results and impact at an individual and global level. You must be able to work effectively with and across diverse teams and be comfortable with ambiguity.
For this role, we’re looking for an individual who is:
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving ability
- A strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Able to priotise workload and meet strict deadlines
- Pro-choice on abortion
For more information about the role, please view the job description and person specification on our website.
Location: London Support Office (hybrid working).
Full-time: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday (UK contracted hours)
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £27,000 – £30,000 per annum for UK based candidates. Discretionary bonus + benefits.
Closing date: 15th June (midnight GMT+1). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
For internal employees applying from an MSI country programme, the role will be positioned within the existing salary structure of the country. Local terms and conditions of the country will apply.
How to apply
Please apply via our website – https://careers.msichoices.org/vacancyinformation.aspx?vguid=5ff1f328-2ba2-46be-b0ef-f710ef5a3440