Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are looking for a Business Development & Fundraising Manager to support the Country Director and other country program staff to grow Oxfam income and partnerships at the country level in order to resource our program strategy. The BDM is expected to achieve the country’s program ambitions. the BDM will be responsible for developing and implementing resource mobilisation strategies to forge strategic partnerships between Oxfam and institutional donors and identifying and developing new funding opportunities. The post holder will be expected to work across the confederation of OI affiliates in achieving the country’s funding strategy.
please see the attached Job profile to see the detailed Key responsibilities.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned with our feminist principles and values of empowerment, accountability, and inclusion in all you do. Our next Business Development Manager will require:
- Demonstrable experience and success in engaging with bilateral and multilateral donors for an international agency like Oxfam.
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilisation strategies.
- Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and partnerships.
- Experience of collaborating with and leading technical teams to develop program proposals that are funded by institutional donors.
- Strong networking, representational and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team across institutional boundaries and business units. Proven ability to utilise the talent and expertise of team members to achieve objectives.
- Ability to adapt and work within a multicultural, multilingual, and multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience of managing staff: challenging, motivating, developing and inspiring team members
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English with the ability to analyse and synthesise complex issues.
- Good familiarity with government decision-making processes, both political and technical, including budget processes, appropriation, protocols, and communications.
- Ability to make effective, timely decisions and take prudent risks.
- Knowledge of NGO programming in emergencies.
- Knowledge or experience of Oxfam’s programme work.
- Knowledge of Oxfam GB’s internal contract management system (based on PeopleSoft).
- Strong proven ability to identify and articulate strategic and policy issues through effective oral and written briefs.
- Proficiency in Arabic.
- Knowledge of the Middle East region.
- Good knowledge and awareness of issues related to Oxfam’s strategic objectives and theories of change
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including a generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance, and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam, we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.