Imperial College London
Imperial College Business School is seeking applications for two Research and Teaching Assistant’s in Economics. The post is crafted for people who are working towards an application to top PhD programmes in economics and public policy and would like some experience working in an academic research environment. The successful candidate must have completed a Master’s programme before taking up the post; people whose final degree result is still pending are encouraged to apply if they expect to get a Merit (or its equivalent).
Situated at the heart of London, Imperial College London is a research-focused university that has been consistently ranked among the top ten universities in the world and the top five institutions in Europe in the past ten years.
This post will be based in London and work within the Economics & Public Policy Department of Imperial College Business School.
Duties and responsibilities
You will work with faculty members in our Economics & Public Policy department , participating directly in ongoing research while supporting teaching across the department. A passion and commitment to research should be evident in your supporting statement, as you will interact and collaborate actively with faculty in research projects and activities. You will spend about half your time supporting research and half supporting our undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
Other duties include:
- Assisting with developing research skills such as data analysis.
- Maintaining accurate and complete records of all findings.
- Participating in the department’s research seminars and interact with visiting speakers.
- Supporting the assessment and examination of students. Assessment marking will be based on clearly published criteria.
- Supporting teaching activities such as problem classes and tutorials
- Providing feedback to students either as part of the assessment process or while giving learning support.
- MSc in a relevant subject area
- Experience in Economics and Public Policy
- Knowledge of basic research methods and statistical procedures
Full details of the role and essential requirements can be found on the attached Job Description.
Please note that salary will be made at the bottom of the salary scale only.
This role is a fixed term role for 12 months.
Should you require any further details on the role please contact Donna Sutherland-Smith [email protected] Please be clear in your supporting statement why you are interested in this post.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.