University of Leeds
View All Vacancies
Are you an early career researcher looking for your first challenge, or are you an experienced researcher looking for your next challenge? Do you have a background in distributed systems and optimisation algorithms? Do you want to further your career in one of the UK’s leading research-intensive Universities?
You will join our EPSRC-funded project “Algorithmic Support for Massive Scale Distributed Systems”, which has been underway since 2020. Your work will be built upon ongoing research of the two project teams, theoretical and applied.
As a Research Assistant you will have a BSc, BEng or MEng in Computer Science, and experience in algorithm design and implementation for optimising resource usage in distributed systems. You will also have experience of working independently, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a willingness to work flexibly.
As a Research Fellow you will have a PhD (or have submitted your thesis before taking up the role) in Computer Science and significant experience in applied and theoretical research. The required areas of expertise are massive-scale resource management for distributed systems, optimisation algorithms and machine learning.
What we offer in return
- 26 days holiday plus approx.16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s 42 days a year!
- Generous pension scheme options plus life assurance.
- Health and Wellbeing: Discounted staff membership options at The Edge, our state-of-the-art Campus gym, with a pool, sauna, climbing wall, cycle circuit, and sports halls.
- Personal Development: Access to courses run by our Organisational Development & Professional Learning team, and self-development courses including languages, Creative Writing, Wellbeing Therapies and much more.
- Access to on-site childcare, shopping discounts and travel schemes are also available.
And much more!
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Dr. Natasha Shakhlevich , Senior Lecturer
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 5444 or email: [email protected]
Prof. Jie Xu , Head of Distributed Systems and Services Group
Tel: +44 (0)113 343 5193 or email: [email protected]
Location: Leeds – Main Campus
Faculty/Service: Faculty of Engineering & Physical Sciences
School/Institute: School of Computing
to Grade 7
£29,762 to £43,155
Working Time: 37.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term (Until 30 April 2024 due to grant funding)
Release Date: Wednesday 24 May 2023
Closing Date: Sunday 18 June 2023
To be confirmed
Downloads: Candidate Brief
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.