- Job title
- Research Associate (Construction Waste Management)
- Job reference
- Application closing date
- School of Computing, Engineering & Digital Technologies
- £28,929 – £33,348
- Fixed Term to 31.05.27
- Contractual hours
- Full time
- Job advert
Every member of our University is part of the inspiring, supportive, and caring community known as Team Teesside.
What we offer you:
– A holiday entitlement of 185 hours (25 days), increasing to 28 and 30 days after 3 and 5 years’ service respectively, plus bank holidays
– Additional leave over the Christmas and New Year period during the Christmas closure
– Special leave to support a range of circumstances
– Hybrid working arrangements: 60% On Campus 40% Working from home
– Flexi time scheme
– A variety of provision to support staff with personal development and recognition
– A range of family friendly benefits
– An employee benefits platform which provides discounts with 350+ retailers and access to health and wellbeing resources
We are looking for a highly motivated research associate to work on a new project, A Territorial Construction System for a Circular Low-Carbon Built Environment (RECONSTRUCT). The associate will be working with an established research centre within the School of Computing, Engineering and Digital Technologies and will be supported to further develop their expertise. They will work with and be responsibilie to the designated Principal Investigator of the project on a day-to-day basis to increase and sustain research activity through assisting in running the research project, project supervision and income generation.
The associate will conduct research as part of the RECONSTRUCT project, which involves the deployment of a traceability module for secure data sharing, feeding into a digital product passport (DPP), continuously updated across the lifecycle of the material/product. An interoperability layer will allow data exchange with a building’s material passport (BMP), which will be integrated into a dynamic 6D-BIM, effectively acting as a Digital Twin, allowing design optimization against circularity targets and tracking of waste in the building’s lifecycle.
Please be advised that due to the minimum salary thresholds imposed by the UKVI, this post may qualify for University sponsorship under the Skilled Worker visa route.
If you are shortlisted, your interview will take place via Microsoft Teams. Please note that the University may ask you to participate in a number of selection activities as part of the recruitment process for this vacancy.
To learn more about Team Teesside click here .
Click here to find out more about research roles at Teesside.
Please note that we are advertising this vacancy on other websites but we are not using those third parties to collate applications for us. If you are viewing this advert on a third party website please ensure you apply directly to Teesside University. https://www.tees.ac.uk/sections/jobs/index.cfm
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.