Imperial College London
Do you wish to use knowledge and analytics to make an affect on our business, financial system and society? That is the core focus of our staff on the Dyson College of Design Engineering at Imperial Faculty London. The staff is led by Prof. Pierre Pinson, with shut ties and robust interplay with colleagues on the Dyson College of Design Engineering, at Imperial Faculty London, within the UK, and with worldwide companions. The profitable candidate will…
Do you wish to use knowledge and analytics to make an affect on our business, financial system and society? That is the core focus of our staff on the Dyson College of Design Engineering at Imperial Faculty London. The staff is led by Prof. Pierre Pinson , with shut ties and robust interplay with colleagues on the Dyson College of Design Engineering, at Imperial Faculty London, within the UK, and with worldwide companions.
The profitable candidate will contribute to growing and making use of cutting-edge approaches to higher function energy programs in a liberalised market setting. The work has the potential to make a major affect and to help the UK power transition. Particularly, real-world knowledge from the UK Electrical energy System Operator (ESO) will likely be used to establish key drivers of balancing prices and their various affect. The purpose is to assist higher function energy programs below uncertainty sooner or later and to lower future balancing prices. The work entails growing the methodology and making use of it to high-impact case research, whereas additionally contributing to growing a device that could possibly be utilized by the ESO of their operational setting. The undertaking will likely be delivered in shut collaboration with the ESO innovation and operational groups, together with in-person interactions the place required.
The Analysis Affiliate will likely be anticipated to have interaction in impartial and collaborative analysis, to search out pathways in the direction of real-world implementation and affect, to mentor college students and junior colleagues, and to disseminate the work by way of scientific publications, convention shows, seminars and broader viewers outreach.
Duties and tasks
- To develop and apply novel approaches involving causal inference and semi-parametric modelling for descriptive and predictive analytics
- To discover the relevance of those approaches to find drivers of balancing prices within the UK energy system
- To evaluate the predictive high quality and worth of such approaches
- To prototype knowledge merchandise (e.g., dashboarding and full-stack improvement)
- To take initiative within the planning of analysis
- To keep up correct and full information of all findings
- To put in writing stories for submission to analysis sponsors, and to current the work carried out to industrial companions
- To current findings to colleagues and at conferences
- To attend related workshops and conferences as mandatory
- To advertise the repute of the Group, the Division and the Faculty
- To offer steering to PhD College students
- To conduct and plan personal scientific work with applicable supervision.
- To actively take part within the analysis programme of the Group
- To publish in high-quality journals and to current knowledge at nationwide and worldwide conferences
- To take part in Group analysis conferences and inner seminars
- Help within the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate analysis college students and analysis assistants as required
The place Imperial or funder situations necessitate, you may be required to finish timesheets to your work on tasks in a well timed method.
- Maintain a PhD in Statistics, Utilized Arithmetic, Laptop Science, Electrical Engineering, or a intently associated self-discipline, or equal analysis, industrial or business expertise
*Candidates who haven’t but been formally awarded their PhD will likely be appointed as a Analysis Assistant.
- Sensible expertise inside a analysis setting and/or publication in related and refereed journals
- Expertise in coping with industrial and enterprise statistics, ideally for energy-related purposes
- Sensible expertise in a broad vary of strategies inside descriptive and predictive analytics
- Information of statistics, descriptive analytics, forecasting, industrial and enterprise statistics
- Superior programming abilities in, e.g., Julia, R and/or Python
- Potential to conduct an in depth evaluation of latest literature
- Potential to develop and apply new ideas
- Inventive method to problem-solving
- Glorious verbal communication abilities and the flexibility to cope with a variety of individuals
- Glorious written communication abilities and the flexibility to put in writing clearly and succinctly for publication
- Potential to organise personal work with minimal supervision
- Potential to prioritise personal work in response to deadlines
- Superior pc abilities, together with phrase processing, spreadsheets and the Web
Please seek advice from the job description for an inventory of the important and desired standards.
Additional details about the put up is on the market within the job description.
For details about the put up contact Professor Pierre Pinson at [email protected].
For enquiries relating to the recruitment course of contact Monika Delczyk at [email protected].
Our most well-liked technique of utility is on-line by way of our web site, Please click on apply on this web site or go to https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/ and search utilizing reference quantity ENG02883. Please full the appliance type as directed.
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.