NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
Vitality Research Institute (ESI)
The Vitality Research Institute (ESI) is a analysis institute within the Nationwide College of Singapore looking for to advance the understanding of power coverage points by conducting unbiased analysis and evaluation. We’re searching for researchers to hitch a multi-disciplinary group finishing up analysis tasks on a variety of power points which can be of concern to Singapore and the area.
There may be a gap on the analysis fellow degree to make sure the well timed supply of analysis and coverage suggestions with nationwide, regional and/or worldwide shoppers. The main focus is on the power provide safety within the context of the worldwide low carbon power transition. Matters to be coated embody the power geopolitics and geo-economics, power safety, power transition, in addition to nuclear governance.
Commensurate with expertise, and dealing as a part of a group, duties could embody the next:
- Getting ready and reporting data relating to governments methods and insurance policies, at the very least at a fundamental degree of understanding, might be required on areas together with however not restricted to:
- Nuclear power governance and insurance policies;
- Renewable power deployment insurance policies and potential;
- Vitality provide chain and power provide safety.
- Desktop analysis primarily based on main and secondary sources.
- A lot of the analysis reviewed and undertaken might be qualitative in nature, nonetheless there could also be alternatives for extra quantitative features to function inside some parts of the work.
- Engagement with native stakeholders from numerous sectors to trade views and acquire insights. It is a steady and advert hoc course of that may happen throughout the complete venture timeline for all work packages.
- A PhD diploma within the fields of worldwide relations/politics, regulation, public coverage, political financial system, power science, environmental administration, or different associated disciplines.
- Related work expertise of minimal 2 years, at the very least partly in academia, consulting or in coverage overview and formulation
- Possess data and expertise in sustainable power transition tendencies and/or low carbon expertise developments.
- Possess robust interpersonal, organisational and communication abilities, with the flexibility to work properly each independently and in a group.
- Possess robust influencing and collaboration qualities, analytical skills, and a broad sense of perspective.
- Have a robust written and oral command of the English language.
- Observe file of securing funding by responding to venture tenders from public establishments or growth businesses.
- Observe file of (or potential to ship) impactful analysis publications and/or thought management items.
- Good understanding of the broad points related to nuclear power: historical past and tendencies, trade, economics, international dimension and geopolitics, dangers and advantages, political and societal points.
- Good understanding of nationwide and worldwide points for the governance of nuclear power: nationwide duties, worldwide frameworks, and so forth.
Utility Course of
To use for this place, please mix the next paperwork in 1 PDF and fasten it beneath the CV column when submitting your utility:
- Curriculum vitae
- A canopy letter, of not more than 800 phrases, explaining the applicant’s previous analysis expertise and aptitude in relation to the analysis venture
candidates, please submit your utility with all of the required paperwork. Please word that solely shortlisted candidates might be contacted, when you have not heard from us inside 3 months, you need to assume that your utility has not been profitable.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Group: Vitality Research Institute
Job requisition ID: 22782
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.