University of Manchester
About Research Finance (RF)
Research Finance sits within the Directorate of Finance and is responsible for managing annual research income of around £250 million from a portfolio of approx. 2,500 live research grants and contracts across the three University Faculties.
Research Finance team has approx. 70 employees, who manage all post award activities for all research grants and contracts. Our mission is to be true business partners to our research community providing exceptional guidance, support and insight and working collaboratively as ‘one team’ in delivering world class transformative research.
We are recruiting a Research Finance Assistant to join our team.
The Research Finance Assistant (RFA) will be a member of the Research Finance Service Delivery Team.
Your primary responsibility is to support the Senior Research Finance Officer and Research Finance Officer with all administrative and financial post award tasks and activities for research awards within a designated, non-fixed portfolio.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Possess strong numeracy skills demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deliver a high-quality and professional service to all users
- Good organisational skill
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A continues improvement mindset and capability to adapt processes to accommodate changes in research and higher education field
What you can expect in return
- As well as a competitive salary, and working for an internationally recognised University
- A generous annual leave entitlement of 23 – 27 days, depending on length of continues service, plus bank holidays
- Closure between the Christmas and New Year periods – this is in addition to your annual leave entitlement
- Access to a comprehensive employee assistance programme, supporting your physical, mental, and financial health and legal advice
- Leading pensions schemes, travel season tickets loans, workplace nursery, staff networking groups discounts for all the family to enjoy and so much more.
- Did we mention training, career opportunities and career progression.
- In fact, there are so many benefits available you can see more of them by clicking HERE
Find out more about our organisation and values:
The University of Manchester
The University of Manchester is a truly global institution with a reputation for education and innovation that resonates across the world, offering a wide range of courses and boasting outstanding facilities in the centre of Manchester. With 25 Nobel Prize winners among its current and former staff and students, it has a history of world firsts and brilliant discoveries. Manchester’s industrial and cultural heritage is mirrored by the achievements of some of the University’s most celebrated names. The computer revolution started here in June 1948 when a machine built by Tom Kilburn and Sir Freddie Williams, known affectionately as ‘The Baby’, ran its first stored program. The celebrated wartime codebreaker Alan Turing worked on this computer during his time at Manchester.
The University is committed to world-class research, an outstanding learning and student experience and social responsibility in everything it does. It is making one of the largest investments in facilities ever seen at a UK university, with £750 million spent so far and a further £1 billion to follow by 2022. Its goal is to become one of the world’s leading Universities.
When completing the additional information section of your application, please ensure you make reference to the job description and person specification above, as this will form an integral part of the shortlisting process.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of age, sex, gender (or gender identity), ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
Our University is positive about flexible working – you can find out more here
Blended working arrangements may be considered
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries about the vacancy, shortlisting and interviews:
Name: Malcolm Spencer
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
This vacancy will close for applications at midnight on the closing date.
Please see the link below for the Further Particulars document which contains the person specification criteria.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.