Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of defined research and laboratory tests and experiments according to prescribed protocols and assigned schedules.
- Sets up experiments as prescribed by a principal investigator.
- May be required to participate in laboratory maintenance activities such as sterilization and cleaning of equipment, ordering of supplies, inventory and media preparation.
- Maintains records, files and logs of work performed in laboratory notebooks and computer databases.
- Compiles data and records results of studies for publications, grants and seminar presentations.
- Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- Performs related responsibilities as required by principal investigator.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field OR equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
Preferred Qualifications (optional):
- Research in the LaRock lab studies the host-microbe interaction using a number of biochemical, genetic, and pharmacologic tools and both in vitro and in vivo models.
- The ideal candidate will be about to complete, or have completed, a Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, immunology, cell biology, biochemistry or a related discipline or have equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Experience with tissue culture, mouse handling, or FACS is preferred but not essential.
NOTE: Position tasks are generally required to be performed in-person at an Emory University location. Remote work from home day options may be granted at department discretion. Emory reserves the right to change remote work status with notice to employee.
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran’s status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.
Not ready to apply?
Connect with us for general consideration!
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.