Peoples Group is a boutique Financial Institution with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal that has been in the Canadian marketplace for over 30 years. Our mission is to exceed our customers’ expectations by providing exceptional customer service backed by extensive product knowledge and experience.
Our culture here at Peoples Group is formed by our values; Strength-Based, Relationship Focused, and Passionate Execution. We believe people don’t choose a company to work for, they choose a company to join. We also believe that people come first and each day we strive to be willing, trustworthy, and creative.
You are a highly motivated and skilled Residential Underwriter with a strong track record in mortgage underwriting and document fulfillment. You are a wizard at time management and setting priorities and can pivot in a fast-paced environment. You thrive in a strong teamwork environment, are resilient to change and comfortable working and communicating with many levels of the organization.
About you / qualifications:
- At least 2 years of experience in a Mortgage Underwriter capacity and or comparable experience in a similar role
- Exceptional at time management and priority setting
- Understanding of the mortgage industry and lifecycle
- Strong relationship and customer service management
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field
- Understanding of credit and underwriting practices, and lending products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines and maintain composure under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience communicating effectively with brokers, team members and clients to ensure an efficient transaction and high-quality service
- Comfortable with working and communicating with many levels of the organization
- Adaptable, flexible and responsive to change
- Strong computer skills, including MS Products and Lending Operating systems
About the day-to-day:
- Investigate and evaluate mortgage and loan applications, ensuring compliances with organizational processes, aligning with senior management as needed
- Coordinate and analyze credit applications and ensure consistent, objective, and sound credit decisions are made
- Liaise with the default insurers and appraisal service providers to ensure collateral security is acceptable and meets the guidelines of People Group
- Build rapport with internal and external stakeholders and maintain working relationships with assigned external client groups (Mortgage Brokers/Business Development Managers)
- Verify data and information on mortgage applications with third parties
- Resolve any escalated credit issues, reply to internal and external client queries, and communicate credit decisions and recognizes when issues require escalations
- Recommend changes to credit policy based on tendencies identified in the underwriting of loan files.
Help us get to know you better by answering our application questions! Your participation is an expected and essential part of our selection process.
NOTE: Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest; however only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Peoples Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.