Liberty Mutual Insurance
- State level reviews of new business indications and adjustments
- Provide new program consultation and rate calibration, including by-coverage and by-peril recommendations
- Consult on NB strategy and provide guidance to state management partners
- Assist with developing NB strategy based on profit positions, identify new opportunities, and propose tailored actions to achieve profitable growth in each individual market
- Understand life time value of a policy and provide state profit guidance to influence state level marketing spend
- Prepare actuarial research and complex reports and projects present findings and recommendations.
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical actuarial work to technical and non-technical audiences, and on cross functional teams.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of methods and activities.
- Interact with and provide actuarial technical assistance and information to peers, senior managers, and others within and outside of the organization.
- Assist with development of actuarial tools.
- Experience with Personal Lines insurance preferred.
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- Commitment to achieving Associateship or Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience required.
- Prior experience and solid knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Solid oral and written and presentation communication skills and ability to interact effectively within and outside the organization.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates.
- Ability to exercise discretion, and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in execution of assignments and projects.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with minimal direction.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office Excel, SAS, etc.); Ability to build models of moderate complexity.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.