United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Senior Administrative Officer (Adv#149/2023)
Senior Administrative Officer
icddr,b is a Bangladesh-based international health research institute that strives to solve key public health problems through high-quality scientific research and innovation. icddr,b as a values-based organization encourages women and people with disabilities.
The Senior Administrative Officer will report to the Division Support Coordinator and will be responsible for coordinating and organizing all administrative and logistical requirements of the project with the objective of providing efficient administrative support to the project within the guidelines and administrative procedure of the organization and icddr,b values and principle. The specific areas of responsibilities are detailed below:
- Prepare different type of communication materials such as schedule, memo, letter, minutes, presentation, speeches, press briefs, newsletter etc. to ensure effective communication and management.
- Maintain close professional relations through effective communication and coordination with all level of stakeholders.
- Provide coordination and the technical support in organizing high level meeting, seminar, consultation programs, training, workshop, day observation, policy dialogue etc. programs.
- Prepare draft project budget in consultation with research team and initiate approval process.
- Budget projection and forecast in consultation with research team.
- Arrange project field office rental process, vehicle hiring process and ensure associate support services.
- Check existing inventory of fixed assets, furniture and fixtures.
- Coordinate with Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, Research Administrations, Facilities Department, IT department and others to ensure project support.
- Capture fixed asset information (issue date, assigned user, assigned location, cost etc.) on procurement of fixed assets for the project; prepare response for annual audit observation if any.
- Raise maintenance requests if necessary in order to optimize utilization of the fixed and pool resources across various projects.
- Process and track stock and non-stock item requisition, local and international travel requisition, recruitment and contract extension requisition;
- Systematically maintaining the document management system of the project which includes hard copy and electronic filing (working papers files, reference materials and confidential records as required), audit reports, reports to various committees, maintenance of information on shared drive, budget, correspondences, etc.
- Scrutinize and re-check petty cash reimbursement request, monthly leases and utility payments of the field offices etc.;
- Prepare local conveyance and lodging bills fortnightly to submit Finance for payment;
- Follow-up with Finance to ensure timely reimbursement of petty cash expenses, conveyance bill, rental payment with the Financial Authority.
- Any other works assigned by supervisor/PI as required.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferably major in Finance/Management with good academic record;
- 5 years of experience in the administration domain in reputed organization. Experience in GoB funded procurement following the PPR will be added advantages.
Location: Mohakhali Campus, Dhaka.
Contract Type and duration:
- Fixed Term Contract; duration will be for 1 year with a possibility of extension subject to availability of fund and performance.
Salary & benefits:
- Annual Tk. 866,060/- inclusive of house rent and conveyance allowances and other admissible benefits.
- 14.8% provident fund contribution, income tax paid by icddr,b, children allowance @Tk.1,917/- per child per month, festival bonus, contributory healthcare support including dependent spouse and children, group life insurance, and subsidized canteen. Transport and daycare facilities are subject to space availability.
Notes of attention:
- Only short-listed candidates shall be invited for written test /interview;
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower than that advertised;
- icddr,b does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Interested candidates who fulfill the requirements should submit online applications using icddr,b website: career.icddrb.org by June 3, 2023.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.