The University of Southampton
Faculty Central (FEPS)
£28,929 to £33,348
Full Time Permanent
Friday 07 April 2023
To be confirmed
We are excited to offer a position in the University of Southampton’s Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences supporting the significant Research and Enterprise portfolio. This role will ensure the delivery of comprehensive, effective and efficient administration and operational services, working as part of our Faculty Office team providing support to Faculty priorities and strategic initiatives.
Key areas of focus for the role are:
- Ongoing support for the Associate Dean Research and the Associate Dean Enterprise
- Management of strategically important events such as research week and enterprise week
- Research Data compliance monitoring
You will have:
- Relevant experience and success in similar work in administration
- High level IT skills, including up-to-date MS Office skills
- Ability to independently organise activities (schedules, diaries, meeting arrangements, events etc), prioritising a conflicting workload and multi-tasking
- Administration of committees and/or working groups and event management
- Ability to apply specialist knowledge and experience to assess complex situations
- Ability to use own initiative and suggest and implement practical and effective solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to take minutes at meetings
In return we offer a contributory pension scheme; 20 days holiday rising to 24 after 4 years plus 8 bank holidays and 6 additional holidays (closure days); subsidised health and fitness facilities on-site; cycle to work scheme; and a range of discounts which include restaurants, retail outlets and entertainment.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture at the University and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices, including a hybrid working model, where employees can split their working time between the office and home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our institution as well as our people.
We believe equality and diversity are fundamental to making the University of Southampton a vibrant, proud and successful organisation. A diverse workforce, with people from different racial, educational and social backgrounds and a range of ages, opens up a wealth of possibilities for Southampton.
Further information about the role can be found within the job description and the FOS core services document attached.
Please quote the job number 2220923GN on all correspondence.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and welcome applicants who supports our mission of inclusivity.
Apply by midnight on the closing date. For assistance contact Recruitment on +44(0)2380 592750 or [email protected] quoting the job number.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.