Functions are invited for the above full-time Senior Clerical officer’s put up working in Reaching Wider: North and Mid Wales Partnership to be engaged on a Mounted time period contract.
The aim of the Function is to supply efficient clerical assist for a variety of administrative exercise inside the Reaching Wider: North and mid Wales Partnerships engaged on a nationwide mentoring programme.
Candidates ought to have a minimal of 5 GCSEs at grades A* – C (incl. English and Maths) or NVQ stage 2 in a related topic space or possess equal expertise.
The profitable candidate will likely be anticipated to start as quickly as potential. The put up is offered till thirty first August 2025 topic to funding.
The power to speak in Welsh is important for this put up.
This put up is topic to a passable enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service verify.
Functions will solely be accepted by way of our on-line recruitment web site, jobs.bangor.ac.uk. Nonetheless, in instances of entry points resulting from incapacity, paper utility types can be found by telephoning 01248 383865.
Deadline for functions: 24 November 2023
Dedicated To Equal Alternatives
Reaching Wider goals to facilitate the doorway of individuals from under-represented backgrounds into Increased Schooling.
The North and Mid Wales Partnership will likely be managing a nationwide mentoring programme throughout Wales, in partnership with the Southwest Wales and Southeast Wales Reaching Wider partnerships.
The mission officer will recruit, prepare, and coordinate HE undergraduates to be mentors to learners engaged in 16-19 training, providing a package deal of mentoring assist for the tutorial 12 months 2023 to 2025. This thrilling alternative will goal Reaching Wider precedence cohorts throughout Wales.
The put up holder will take a number one function within the recruitment and engagement of the mentors and mentees working with key companions, to ship a profitable programme. Supporting the mission managers to ship the goals and targets of the mission inside the time initiatives timelines.
The RWNMWP is a partnership of upper training and additional training within the North and Mid Wales area. Our Government Steering group members are Bangor College (Lead Companion), Aberystwyth College, Wrexham Glyndwr College, , Coleg Cambria, Coleg Ceredigion, Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol, Grwp Llandrillo Menai, and NPTC Grwp.
The aim of this partnership is to widen entry to Increased Schooling for underrepresented teams recognized by HEFCW. Responding to the area’s widening entry priorities and necessities, we’ll assist our learners at varied phases and transition factors on their particular person instructional journey, working with learners extra intensively over an extended interval wherever potential.
The mentoring mission sits beneath the broader Reaching Wider programme, which contributes to HEFCW’s response to widening entry to increased training by supporting precedence colleges, faculties, communities and learners. The nationwide supply has 5 priorities  :
- Supporting the transition to increased training improve confidence, development, lifelong studying, and success.
- Supporting instructional aspiration elevating to extend motivation, retention and development.
- Enhancing instructional expertise to allow learners to fulfil their tutorial potential and be ready for additional and/or increased training.
- Selling vocational and employability expertise to encourage upskilling and profession aspirations, together with entry to apprenticeships and professions.
- Selling equality of alternative and inclusive approaches for care-experienced folks, carers, and folks with disabilities.
Function of the Job
The aim of the function is to supply efficient finance and administrative assist for this HEFCW funded mission, supporting the mission workers with mission targets and actions, guarantee efficient supply of the mission and compliance with related monetary and procurement necessities as stipulated by the college and HEFCW.
Important Duties and Tasks
- Course of monetary claims related to the mission in a well timed method to satisfy deadlines, and put together info and proof required for these claims.
- Be sure that all paperwork related to that is accomplished precisely and meets audit necessities.
- Set up budgetary monitoring programs to make sure correct and updated info is offered on mission expenditure in opposition to profiled finances.
- Determine and lift any budgetary points with the Mission Supervisor and supply solutions on how points could also be resolved.
- Supported by the Partnership Supervisor, liaise with the Mission Accountant to lift and resolve budgetary queries.
- Guarantee mission companions and sub-contractors submit invoices and any related supporting paperwork in a well timed method, elevating any points or queries with the Mission Supervisor.
- Help the mission group to make sure the college’s informal employee course of is adopted and that new informal staff are registered accurately on the informal employee system. The put up holder will undertake and guarantee all related eligibility screening checks are accomplished in step with the college’s HR and finance procedures.
- Preserve efficient administrative and monetary programs and processes to effectively course of invoices and bills.
- Help the Mission Officers with mission targets and actions.
- Present administrative assist analysis processes related to the mission in step with HEFCW monitoring necessities.
- Supported by the Partnership Supervisor liaise with Bangor Universities Finance group to compile a quarterly finance report.
- Preserve correct monetary information and report these to the Partnership Supervisor month-to-month.
- Take part in networks inside the establishment or externally in an effort to cross on info promptly and preserve folks knowledgeable to make sure co-ordination of effort and that work is completed successfully.
- Help with the programme monitoring, knowledge assortment efforts and evaluations and guarantee suggestions is shared with the mission members to make sure steady enchancment of the mission.
- Operating studies on the information to feed into HEFCW’s Annual Monitoring Assertion (AMS) in addition to creating excel studies for particular suggestions requests.
- Present administration assist to facilitate the graceful operating of programmes and occasions.
- Perform different administrative duties as required.
The put up holder could also be required to undertake different duties which fall inside the grade of the job, in dialogue along with his/her supervisor.
This job description will likely be reviewed frequently within the mild of fixing service necessities and any such adjustments will likely be mentioned with the put up holder.
Different Duties and Tasks
- The put up holder should adjust to related authorized insurance policies and procedures and pay attention to their tasks when it comes to the authorized necessities of their posts.
- The put up holder will likely be anticipated to take part in efficiency overview and developmental actions.
- The put up holder will likely be anticipated to adjust to the College equal alternatives insurance policies, Dignity at Work and Research Coverage and the College’s Welsh Language Coverage and the Welsh Language Requirements.
- The put up holder has a normal and authorized obligation of care in relation to well being, security and wellbeing and should take all cheap steps to make sure a protected and wholesome working surroundings for him/herself and for different members of workers, college students and guests affected by his/her actions or inactions. The put up holder can also be required to adjust to all relevant well being and security insurance policies, procedures and danger assessments.
- The put up holder should adjust to related authorized and monetary insurance policies and procedures and pay attention to their tasks when it comes to the authorized necessities of their posts.
- Minimal of 5 GCSEs at grades A* – C (incl. English and Maths) or NVQ stage III in a related topic space or possess equal expertise in an administrative or clerical capability.
- NVQ stage 4 in a related topic space.
- ECDL Certificates.
- Labored in a Increased Schooling surroundings.
- Expertise of working inside an workplace /administrative surroundings.
- Expertise of working with databases Expertise/Skills.
- Expertise of working with Reaching Wider Cohorts inside an training and neighborhood setting
- Expertise of working with learners between the ages of 15 – 18 years of age in faculties and 6 types throughout Wales
- Expertise of supporting a web based bilingual mentoring programme
- Expertise of working in a monetary surroundings
- Proficient in using Microsoft Workplace functions (Phrase, Excel and many others).
- Wonderful communication expertise
- Skill to handle workload, prioritise duties and meet deadlines.
- Skill to work independently and exhibit initiative.
- Wonderful organisational expertise and talent to deal with a diverse and demanding workload.
- Correct knowledge entry and a spotlight to element
- The power to talk Welsh fluently and perform duties equivalent to writing emails in Welsh to a wide range of audiences is important for this put up.
The College is dedicated to supporting and selling equality and variety and to creating an inclusive working surroundings. We imagine this may be achieved by attracting, creating, and retaining a various vary of workers from many various backgrounds. We try to develop a workforce from all sections of the neighborhood no matter intercourse, gender id, ethnicity, incapacity, sexual orientation, trans id, relationship standing, faith or perception, caring tasks, or age. We promote and facilitate using the Welsh language by our progressive Welsh Language Coverage. We adjust to the Welsh Language Requirements and are dedicated to equality of alternative. You might be welcome to use for any job in English or Welsh and all functions submitted will likely be handled equally.
We’re a member of Advance HE’s Athena SWAN Gender Equality constitution and maintain a Bronze award in recognition of our dedication to and progress in direction of gender equality inside the College’s insurance policies, practices, and tradition. We’re proud to be a Incapacity Assured employer.
All members of workers have an obligation to make sure their actions are in step with the general environmental goals of the College and minimise their environmental affect.
All presents are made topic to proof of eligibility to work within the UK and receipt of passable references.
We now have a obligation to make sure that you will have the correct to work within the UK earlier than you can begin working for us. Once you apply for this put up you may be required to elucidate the idea upon which you imagine you’ll in a position to reside and work within the UK legally on the graduation date of the function ought to your utility achieve success. Should you do not need the correct to work freely in any place within the UK already, any supply of employment we’ll make to you may be topic to you acquiring a proper to work visa. The next hyperlink offers info on the varied visa routes into employment and the eligibility necessities (together with switching visa standing the place permissible) https://www.gov.uk/browse/visas-immigration/work-visas . In case you are profitable in your utility we’ll talk about visa choices with you on the time of constructing the supply of employment.
Please be aware that, within the occasion of functions being acquired from candidates on the College’s Redeployment Register with an affordable expertise match to the put up specification, these candidates will likely be given prior consideration.
Disclosure & Barring Service
This put up is topic to a passable enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service verify.
As Bangor College meets the necessities in respect of exempted questions beneath the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, all candidates who’re provided employment will likely be topic to a prison report verify from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) earlier than the appointment is confirmed. This may embody particulars of cautions, reprimands or remaining warnings in addition to convictions. DBS checks will likely be up to date each 3 years.
Candidates ought to be aware that the College makes use of an exterior Umbrella physique to course of DBS checks. As such you have to be conscious that, if profitable in your utility, your identify and e-mail contact particulars will likely be shared with the Umbrella physique so that they might contact you to start out the applying course of.
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.