Job Title: Senior Corporate Accountant
Reports To: Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Department: Corporate Accounting
Prepare accurate financial reports and analysis. This includes standard accounting and government related reports and remittances.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual consolidated reports including budget variance analysis, management financial statements and audit packages completed with account analysis and reconciliations at the corporate entity level as well as at the consolidated level;
- Prepare corporate journal entries with proper supporting schedules, including monthly expenses accrual, bank and debenture interest, cash distribution, elimination entries, overhead cost allocation, payroll and distribution as well as reconcile inter-company balances;
- Prepare and update accounting schedules on a monthly basis for reporting purpose, including mortgage and loan receivable, depreciation for property, plant and equipment, and amortization for intangible asset;
- Prepare quarterly schedules to report REIT joint venture projects using Equity method of accounting per IFRS;
- Prepare GST/HST and QST returns and payments for filing with the government for all management companies;
- Prepare bank reconciliations and handle all banking issues, including hub banking and Cheque Fraud Protection;
- Prepare the calculation of key financial performance indicators of the SmartCentres REIT with applicable Realpac guidance;
- Assist and be involved in the preparation of SmartCentres REIT annual budget including budget worksheets and maintaining forecasts;
- Assist with special projects periodically requested by the CFO and VP Finance & Accounting.
- CPA, CGA, or CMA designation;
- University or college degree with a major in accounting.
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience, preferably within the property and corporate accounting areas;
- Superior working knowledge of accounting practices as applied to consolidated financial and management reporting, cash flow forecasting, financial statement analysis and interpretation in a real estate development and property management environment;
- Knowledge of development accounting;
- Experience in supervising/training a multifaceted accounting team within a real estate organization;
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels/departments within the organization;
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills;
- Superior Excel and Word skills;
- Public market experience with exposure to the REIT structure an added asset;
- Working knowledge of Yardi software preferred.
The Senior Corporate Accountant shall conduct him/herself in a respectful and ethical manner in representing the Trust’s interests. The Senior Corporate Accountant shall demonstrate entrepreneurialism and behave like an “owner” in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities; demonstrating creativity and resourcefulness in achieving desired results. The Senior Corporate Accountant must take accountabilityfor decisions made and the Senior Corporate Accountant is expected to be a team player and work effectively with colleagues and associates in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goal.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Concord, ON
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.