University of Salford
(Grade 9) Senior Lecturer in Mental Health Nursing
This is an exciting and influential position in which the individual will play a key collaborative leadership in role in raising and maintaining the regional, national, and international profile of mental health nursing at the University of Salford.
Day to day role and key responsibilities:
Leadership: Person management and development, taking charge of major projects, developing and/or improving procedures, organising, and promoting interdisciplinary studies, and developing collaborative arrangements to support teaching.
Teaching & Learning: Leading the delivery of excellence in learning, enabling all relevant practice and academic quality standards to be met, demonstrating external profile, and providing pastoral support to pre-registration mental health nursing students.
Research: Contribute to the reputation of research in the School through national and international collaboration and publication in peer-reviewed international academic journals and other forms of dissemination in quantities appropriate to discipline, achieving citations, reviews, and other forms of peer recognition for research and other scholarly activities. Further details can be found in the person specification.
Mental Health Nursing at the University of Salford:
We sit in the School of Health & Society and are looking for an exceptional senior academic colleague to join our creative, committed, and passionate Mental Health Nursing Team.
We are one of the largest educators of mental health nurses in the region, with a proud and proven track record of collaborating with our health and social care partners to enable highly skilled practitioners who can respond to the challenges of contemporary practice, and we are committed to quality improvement with a focus on the student experience and preparing our graduates for registered practice.
We welcome the opportunity to speak to registered mental health nurse academics with a passion for supporting their own and leading others’ learning and development. If you can demonstrate your commitment to leadership and a values-based approach to education which aims to support excellence in Mental Health Nurses as they respond to the challenges of contemporary practice across their career trajectory, then please consider getting in touch.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary – and excellent pension scheme
- Generous annual leave – plus the option to buy additional holiday days
- Flexible working – we support a culture of both flexible and agile working, to help you find the right balance
- Professional development – a comprehensive package of training and development opportunities to help you achieve your full potential
- Our community – there’s a real sense of belonging here at Salford. We value diversity- in backgrounds and in experiences. Our difference makes us stronger, and together we share a passion for improving students’ lives
- Wellbeing support –dedicated services and facilities to support your mental and physical health, ranging from an Employee Assistance Programme and counselling to sports and fitness facilities, including discounted gym memberships
- Sustainable Salford – We embed sustainability in all aspects of university life and have a commitment to becoming NetZero Carbon by 2038
- Team Salford – By joining us, you can be part of our ambitious journey and help make a real difference to the people and communities we support
If you feel you have the attributes required to join us as a valued colleague and wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Head of Mental Nursing, Seán Welsh ([email protected] ).
You can also engage with our team twitter @UoS_MHNurs to gain a further sense of the issues we are passionate about and are very welcome to arrange to visit and meet members of the team using the contact details above.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.