Senior Lecturer – Project & Supply Chain Management
£45,000 basic salary plus Excellent Benefits
Agile/Remote-based work within the UK
At Arden University, we pride ourselves on being true innovators, disruptors and pioneers, our focus is to promote life-long learning and ensure that everyone, everywhere can access higher education. We are currently recruiting a Senior Lecturer to join our team.
As Senior Lecturer you will teach, lead, develop and monitor postgraduate and undergraduate programmes in areas of subject expertise (Project Management and/or Supply Chain Management), ensuring high levels of student outcomes. The successful candidate will also perform associated operational administration, curriculum development and quality management and enhancement (including accreditation by relevant professional institutions where appropriate).
Senior Lecturers work with the Dean, Heads of School, Principal Lecturers, Lecturers and Associate lecturers to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of programmes in accordance with University strategy, policies and procedures and undertake research and scholarly activity.
Senior Lecturers have academic leadership responsibilities which typically involve a combination of the following, in discussion with their Head of School/Principal Lecturer:
- Responsibility for a programme or suite of associated named awards/programmes
- Module leadership of several large, core modules
- Overall responsibility for a year group or cohort within a large programme
- Line management of Lecturers (who may themselves lead modules)
We would like to hear from applicants who have;
- Masters’ Degree or equivalent professional qualification/professional Doctoral level qualification or experience in relevant subject area (Project Management and/or Supply Chain Management) and recognition from external stakeholders/agencies i.e., PSRBs, external examination, consultancy.
- Understanding of relevant University HEI procedures and policies (e.g., quality and governance) and industry standards; ability to manage own area accordingly.
- Significant and successful track record of teaching, learning and assessment practice in a relevant discipline /subject at different HE levels.
- Knowledge and experience of reviewing, modifying, developing and enhancing curriculum and programmes to ensure QAA benchmarks and professional, employer and sector expectations are met to a high level.
- Experience of enhancing student satisfaction and outcomes; experience of analysing associated data and formulating sound action
At Arden, you will become a part of a passionate and dedicated team who are committed to removing unnecessary barriers to learning and making education more accessible. Our people work hard to ensure our students journeys are the best they can possibly be, as such we want to reward our people with fantastic benefits. Employees benefit from:
- 30 days holiday, add the bank holiday on top, and we even throw in Christmas closure
- A generous Aviva pension plan, our contributions start at 7%
- PMI or Healthcare Cashback (dependent on role grade)
- Study any Arden course for free, with generous discount for all family and friends
- Our ‘Golden Ticket’ which allows you to gift anyone in your life a free Arden education
- Plus, other competitive benefits !
Stand out, Progressive, Accessible, Resourceful, Kindness, reflect who we are as an institution, a team and as individuals. If they also reflect you and you are excited by the chance to be the driving, creative force within a growing business, we want to hear from you.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Arden University, as we expand into new disciplines and locations. For the full job description, click here , or to start your journey with us, click apply!
Closing Date: Monday 3rd July 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the specified closing date should we receive sufficient applications or in order to respond to business needs. In order to avoid missing an opportunity to apply please submit your application as early as possible.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we recognise, and studies confirm, that often underrepresented candidates in the work place are less likely to apply to roles unless they meet all skills and experience of the position. At Arden we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, therefore we make sure that our recruitment and selection processes never discriminate based upon age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, or pregnancy, and actively welcome applications from all groups.
So, if you want to be part of Arden and our journey, but you feel that you’re missing some of the skills or experience the role requires, then we encourage you to apply anyway as you may make a great candidate for this role or others!
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.