VVA - Valdani Vicari & Associati
Senior Legal Consultant for the Internal Market and Consumers
VVA – Valdani Vicari & Associati
Brussels or Remote
VVA Brussels is a fast-growing policy and market consultancy providing top quality advice to the European institutions and private sector clients. We are a truly European company, part of a group based in Brussels and Milan with a team of professionals from many different academic and national backgrounds. What motivates us is our mission to progress the “European project” by helping our clients:
- anticipate change;
- design public policy responses;
- understand how the EU can improve the lives of Europeans, support European businesses and transform our economy and society; and
- communicate decisions and actions to key stakeholders.
Our Internal Market & Consumers Team has a high-profile, expanding project portfolio including for the European Commission and its agencies across a range of policy topics such as SMEs & entrepreneurship, industry & sustainability, digital markets, consumer empowerment & awareness & safety. We currently run projects and framework contracts for DG GROW, DG JUST, EISMEA, the EP IMCO and ITRE committees and others.
We are now looking to recruit a Senior Legal Consultant to strength the team on a full-time basis.
As a Senior Legal Consultant at VVA you will, amongst other things, engage in the following tasks:
- Contributing/leading the preparation of proposals;
- Managing specific contracts (organising, directing, guiding, and ensuring the quality of the legal desk research and analysis, surveys, interviews, etc.);
- Coordinating staff including briefing, reviewing and coaching;
- Communicating with clients and managing clients’ expectations;
- Delivering advanced analysis of EU law and national implementation of EU law.
Who we are looking for:
- You have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- You have been working with the EU’s clients, both involved in the development of proposals and in research and/or legal consulting role;
- You have strong self-motivation and an ability to lead and motivate colleagues;
- You have proven analytical skills and an ability to tailor the results of the analysis to individual clients;
- Excellent (written and spoken) English. The command of other EU languages is an advantage;
- You have a deep understanding of EU law;
- Field experience in consumer law and/or internal market law will be a strong asset;
- At least a Master’s Degree in Law. Specialisation in EU Law is a distinct advantage.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset and feels at ease in a dynamic company oriented to growth into innovative domains.
What we offer:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- Diverse and high-profile legal and policy projects on subjects from the top priority of the European Union’s political agenda in the area of the internal market and consumers;
- A very dynamic, exciting and international work environment;
- Excellent opportunities for professional development with high levels of autonomy and room for growth;
- Prospects for training, mentorship, and career progression.
The position can be based in our office in Brussels or be completely remote with occasional trips to Brussels. Only pre-selected participants will be contacted and invited for interviews, which depending on the location, will be held in person or via teleconference.
If you are interested in this position, please answer all questions and provide your CV and a 1-page cover letter outlining why you are suited for the job.
Click here and follow the instructions carefully to apply.
Deadline for applications: 7 June 2023
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.