The Senior Manager will work closely with the Vice President for Global Engagement and Communications Office (GECO) and as the primary communications expert, supporting the Executive Office and CEO directly, to develop and execute a strategy that promotes and enhances Jhpiego’s brand with policy makers, government officials (foreign and domestic) and partner organizations. This includes preparing talking points, speeches, presentations and communication materials for Jhpiego Leadership, including the CEO, and in preparation of legislative affairs efforts. This position will also support other communications projects as needed.
Executive Communications & Strategy
- Leads the development and execution of CEO and C-Suite communications strategy, engaging stakeholders within the communications team
- Writes original and/or edits CEO communications, effectively capturing strategic priorities and voice of the Executive Office and CEO
- Composes high-quality communications that reflect and uphold organizational reputation, effectively reaching existing audiences and extending to new
- Partners with the communications team to identify and secure high-value speaking opportunities, write and/or edit CEO op-eds and external letters, and enhance CEO’s profile across social platforms
- Manages talking points and content for all internal engagements including global team meetings, regional events, and country office appearances, if needed.
- Develops and executes standards to measure effectiveness and quality of communications for the Executive Office
- Other duties as assigned.
Research & Stakeholder Engagement
- Ensures a consistent messaging strategy and brand identity is included in every piece
- Integrates diversity, equity and intersectionality into communications
- Partners with subject matter experts to ensure materials are accurate and connect with intended audiences to drive understanding, engagement and action
- Archives all presentations, speeches, media, and talking points, for easy accessibility and future use and reference
- Gains buy-in from stakeholders at all levels to ensure seamless, coordinated messaging in communication
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8-10 years related professional experience.
- Experience listed above inclusive of internal and external communications within the non-profit, government, industry, higher education, public figures or other related sector
- Extremely strong written and verbal communications skills including writing and copyediting
- Ability to integrate organizational positioning and convey organizational image through communication methods
- Strong grasp on global issues, current events and business trends, particularly in news and media requiredl knowledge of global public health issued preferred
- Experience developing original content for C-Suite leaders or government officials including speeches, op-eds and social media
- Experience working with high-level executives and/or government officials, engaging with staff across a large organization or agency, and advising on communications strategy at top levels of business
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated expertise in storytelling with a lens to diversity, equity, inclusion and history
- Strong cultural competencies and ability to effectively communicate to a diverse, global audience
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build trust with senior leaders in a corporate setting
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Master’s Degree
The salary range for this role is expected to be: $99,080 – $118,896.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on globalvacancies.org
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.