Location: Open to US, UK, or NL Mercy Corps areas
Place Standing: Full-time, Common, Exempt
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a number one international group powered by the idea that a greater world is feasible.
In catastrophe, in hardship, in additional than 40 international locations world wide, we associate to place daring options
into motion — serving to individuals conquer adversity and construct stronger communities from inside.
Now, and for the longer term.
The Program / Division / Crew
Mercy Corps works to realize actual and lasting influence on this planet’s hardest humanitarian emergencies. We save lives and assist individuals stay with dignity in crises of every kind. On the similar time, we create the circumstances to pivot to restoration rapidly and successfully. We work wherever native capability is overwhelmed, connecting individuals to the alternatives they should strengthen their group in restoration. Whether or not it’s a sudden shock or a slowly rising disaster, whether or not the menace is pure or man-made, Mercy Corps is dedicated to speedy, needs-driven help. Mercy Corps helps a response that’s market-driven and leverages the capacities of each conventional and non-traditional help companions—and finally offers individuals the power to make their very own selections and safe their very own lives and livelihoods.
The Humanitarian Management and Response (HLR) group gives the company with well timed and efficient management to organize for, reply to, and study from humanitarian emergencies, develops sharp, well-timed and influential humanitarian evaluation to tell program design and implementation.
The Senior Program Officer (SPO) is a key member of the International Response Crew (GRT), a sub group of HLR, and gives challenge administration to the Sr. Director and wider International Response Crew. The PO performs a vital position in connecting the worldwide response group to the remainder of the company within the coordination and help of emergency responses, together with facilitating response decision-making, communication, managing emergency fund allocation, and reporting processes. Throughout an emergency, the PO helps deployment administration for the GRT and different group members. This place will assist enhance accountability of GRT-led emergency response efforts, enhance the profile of the company’s humanitarian efforts internally and help the worldwide Humanitarian Group of Apply.
- Working intently with the Senior Director, act as fund supervisor of the emergency response fund, together with monitoring incoming income, allocations made, and spending towards allocations.
- Guarantee remaining experiences are obtained in line with necessities, and information and analyzes related knowledge.
- Frequently enhance methods and processes associated to the administration of the emergency response fund.
- Working intently with the Senior Director, help the growth of an current Alumni Expertise Pool (roster) to incorporate emergency supervisor roles; Collaborate with different groups to customise and refine instruments and standards; Conduct outreach to potential candidates, shortlist candidates, and coordinate the vetting and choice course of for brand spanking new profiles.
- Liaise with different departments and groups to take care of, monitor and periodically refresh the Alumni Expertise Pool membership.
- Work collaboratively to develop and use instruments for teamwork, activity administration, analytics and reporting.
- Monitor and coordinate requests for non permanent program management help as they arrive in and monitor how completely different requests are dealt with.
- Talk usually with nation groups requesting help and monitor communications to make sure requests obtain well timed suggestions.
Data & DATA Administration
- Guarantee GRT data administration methods (together with collaboration, doc administration, archiving, and productiveness instruments) are optimized following the transition to M365.
- Make sure the GRT adheres to and takes benefit of company methods, instruments, steerage, requirements and insurance policies in a manner that permits the group to operationalize these instruments in an emergency.
- Monitor and report on key group metrics and deployment statistics.
- Create agendas, takes notes, and circulates motion factors for GRT conferences.
STRATEGY SUPPORT & PLANNING
- Contribute to the supply of Mercy Corps’ Humanitarian Response Method and GRT technique; Assist reporting on company targets and group actions.
- Assist the GRT Senior Director with planning, reporting, and knowledge administration, in addition to logistics for group, workshops, and conferences.
Response COORDINATION & Administration
- Provoke methods, processes, and communications protocols for efficient response start-up and agency-wide coordination; Whereas that is primarily required for GRT-led responses, help could also be wanted for nation and regionally led responses.
- Handle deployment coordination and logistics for members of the International Response Crew or different members of the Mercy Corps international group responding to emergencies.
- Contribute to the event and submission of emergency program idea notes and proposals, as wanted when deployed.
- Characterize and promotes Mercy Corps’ emergency response capabilities internally.
- Assist the elevated visibility of Mercy Corps’ response work throughout the company by sustaining the Humanitarians@MC office web page and highlighting the continuing humanitarian work of groups throughout the globe.
- Keep the GRT Hub web page.
- Proactively works with Inner Communications and different departments to make sure applicable inner communication during times of catastrophe response, which can additionally embrace help of inner coordination calls.
ORIENTATION & TRAINING
- Help with on-boarding of members of the GRT, guaranteeing they’re arrange for achievement and conversant in company methods, procedures, and protocols.
- Present briefings for brand spanking new hires from different groups/departments on GRT technique and remit and key insurance policies and emergency procedures (or different related subjects) as an preliminary step within the onboarding course of.
- Handle planning, procurement, and logistics for GRT coaching.
Reviews Immediately To: Senior Director, International Response Crew
Works Immediately With: All members of the International Response Crew, and the broader HLR group. Different HQ Program items and different departments, together with Regional Program Crew, Useful resource Improvement, Finance, Management and Organizational Effectiveness, Authorized, Coverage and Advocacy, Mercy Corps counterparts at MC HQ places of work in Europe; MC donors and companions.
Accountability to Members and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps group members are anticipated to help all efforts towards accountability, particularly to our program members, group companions, different stakeholders, and to worldwide requirements guiding worldwide reduction and improvement work. We’re dedicated to actively partaking communities as equal companions within the design, monitoring and analysis of our area tasks.
Minimal Qualification & Transferable Expertise
- Expertise supporting a dynamic, dispersed group responding to fast-moving international crises.
- Expertise offering logistical help and organizational construction in unpredictable conditions.
- BA/S within the related area required.
- 4 or extra years of country-based expertise in worldwide reduction and improvement.
- Expertise with proposal improvement together with help and writing with varied donors, significantly US Authorities, non-public foundations and firms.
- Expertise with monitoring and analysis and different studying efforts.
- Expertise representing the group and its pursuits to a various vary of native and worldwide authorities officers, native civil society organizations, different worldwide organizations, the media and the general public – most well-liked.
- Proficiency with MS Workplace software program required (Outlook, Phrase, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Proficiency in English required; proficiency in one other language most well-liked (Arabic, French or Spanish).
The profitable candidate should be a self-starter who brings flexibility, creativity, and enthusiasm to each challenge they undertake. The candidate should have confirmed expertise with program start-up, implementation and emergency tasks. They should be a wonderful organizer and communicator, has a confirmed means to study rapidly, take initiative, and be accountable for outcomes. Multi-tasking with confirmed means to handle competing priorities, observe procedures, and meet tight deadlines is required. The PO should take an energetic position in constructing and sustaining relationships in addition to demonstrating the drive and initiative to contribute to group efforts. It’s important the candidate is ready to work intently with a various group of people in diverse cultural, political, and non secular environments. They may have the ability to affect and work collaboratively with a number of stakeholders, and proactively construct engagement and search suggestions.
Residing Circumstances / Environmental Circumstances
The place is predicated in any of the US, UK, NL Mercy Corps places of work and is anticipated to journey as much as 20% of the time – generally on quick discover – to areas with restricted entry to medical amenities and facilities. Mercy Corps group members characterize the company each throughout and outdoors of labor hours when deployed in a rustic posting or on a go to/ TDY to a rustic posting. Crew members are anticipated to conduct themselves in an expert method and respect native legal guidelines, customs and MC’s insurance policies, procedures, and values always and in all in-country venues.
In help of our perception that studying organizations are simpler, environment friendly and related to the communities we serve, we empower all group members to dedicate 5% of their time to studying actions that additional their private and/or skilled development and improvement.
Variety, Fairness & Inclusion
Reaching our mission begins with how we construct our group and work collectively. By our dedication to enriching our group with individuals of various origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and methods of pondering, we’re higher in a position to leverage the collective energy of our groups and remedy the world’s most complicated challenges. We attempt for a tradition of belief and respect, the place everybody contributes their views and genuine selves, reaches their potential as people and groups, and collaborates to do one of the best work of their lives.
We acknowledge that variety and inclusion is a journey, and we’re dedicated to studying, listening and evolving to change into extra various, equitable and inclusive than we’re right this moment.
Equal Employment Alternative
Mercy Corps is an equal alternative employer that doesn’t tolerate discrimination on any foundation. We actively hunt down various backgrounds, views, and expertise in order that we may be collectively stronger and have sustained international influence.
We’re dedicated to offering an surroundings of respect and psychological security the place equal employment alternatives can be found to all. We don’t interact in or tolerate discrimination on the premise of race, colour, gender identification, gender expression, faith, age, sexual orientation, nationwide or ethnic origin, incapacity (together with HIV/AIDS standing), marital standing, army veteran standing or some other protected group within the areas the place we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is dedicated to making sure that each one people we come into contact with via our work, whether or not group members, group members, program members or others, are handled with respect and dignity. We’re dedicated to the core ideas relating to prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary Basic and IASC and have signed on to the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. We won’t tolerate youngster abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our group members. As a part of our dedication to a protected and inclusive work surroundings, group members are anticipated to conduct themselves in an expert method, respect native legal guidelines and customs, and to stick to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values always. Crew members are required to finish obligatory Code of Conduct eLearning programs upon rent and on an annual foundation.
The way to apply
Entry the hyperlink right here: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3tS8Znwk