University Hospital Southampton
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
ABOUT THE TEAM
Southampton Neonatal Unit cares for a population across the South Coast region, providing intensive, high and special care as well as having a community outreach team. We host the regional transfer service, SONeT, ensuring that families receive care in the most appropriate hospital, closest to their home. We can offer a range of specialities to our patients here in Southampton, including neonatal surgery and cardiac services.
We are in a new stage of development for the department with an approved expansion plan to add capacity and improve the care environment. Moving forward, we are committed to developing a culture that is inclusive and supportive to all and this starts with our leadership team. We are looking for 24/7 leadership cover to ensure that we are maintaining both care standards and a positive working environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- provide professional nursing leadership to the team
- develop supportive working environment
- enhance nursing practice and strategy
- provide assurance that high quality care is delivered to patients
- ensure that Trust requirements for monitoring and compliance are met
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The applicant should be motivated, enthusiastic and able to work with maturity in pressurised situations. You will be expected to show:
- ability to manage complex teams
- Inclusive leadership with an ability to lead and challenge with kindness.
- ability to prioritise and deliver against agreed objectives
- excellent communication and leadership skills within a multidisciplinary team
- high level problem solving, organisational skills and a positive approach to challenges
Interviews will be held on Friday, 23rd June 2023
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.