University of London
View All Vacancies
Queen Mother Hospital
Hawkshead (nr Potters Bar, Herts)
£41,407 to £48,123
Inclusive of London Weighting and Night Nursing Allowance
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Sunday 11 June 2023
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced RVN to assist the Head Emergency and Critical Care RVNs in leading a team of specialised nurses in the Queen Mother Hospital for Animals.
Our multi-disciplinary hospital accepts a range of referral and first opinion cases and you will work as part of our team of ECC specialist Clinicians, residents, interns, RVNs and Patient Care Assistants to provide excellent care to our patients. You will assist the Head nurses within the department to manage the running of the weekend night shifts and support the night nurse team.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to advance your clinical skills in addition to developing your teaching and leadership skills in a supportive environment.
The successful candidate will have strong experience of working in a busy hospital or referral setting and some experience leading or coordinating teams. Experience working within an ECC unit would be desirable but is not essential.
This position is full time working Friday-Sunday night shifts.
We offer a generous reward package and benefits including:
- Competitive and attractive pension package
- Generous 30 days annual leave (plus concessionary days and bank holidays)
- Access to free in-house CPD and funded external CPD
- On site café and restaurant
- Free membership to the Fitness and Wellbeing Centre located on site (gym, badminton, climbing wall, Zumba, yoga and Pilates classes included)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free mini-bus service to and from Potters Bar station and Hawkshead Campus
- A range of family friendly policies, including adoption, maternity and paternity pay and leave
For informal enquiries regarding this position or requests to visit before applying please contact our Clinical Support Manager, Betsy Malamah-Thomas [email protected]
We promote equality of opportunity and diversity within the workplace and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.