Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
|Job Title: Shared Future Project Officer||Reports to: Project Manager|
|Department: Shared Future||Salary Grade: 7|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work are accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Iraq is supporting conflict-affected people to live in dignity through the provision of critical relief items, upgrades to shelter conditions and improved access to water and sanitation facilities, educational and psychosocial support for children, and livelihoods support. Through the Shared Future project, CRS Iraq’s social cohesion, livelihoods and positive youth development program seek to build productive and sustainable youth livelihoods as well as mutual understanding, tolerance, and trust among ethno-religious groups across project locations in Ninewa and Kirkuk: Bartella, Bashiqa, Qaraqosh, Telkeif, Telskof, Nimrod, Wanna, Kirkuk City and Hawija.
As a member of the USAID-funded Shared Future project team, this position will supervise up to three project assistants and ensure the day-to-day delivery of responsive, effective, and efficient project administrative support for the Shared Future teams working on social cohesion, livelihoods and positive youth development in Kirkuk and Ninewa. The Shared Future Project Officer will guarantee consistent and high-quality service, contribute to the proper stewardship of project resources and help operational effectiveness in support of high-quality programming. The contract duration for this position is 12 months with a possibility of renewal.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Facilitate communication between all members of the project team as well as youth, religious and community leaders, relevant staff in other departments and external stakeholders, as relevant.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise a team of up to 3 project assistants located in different offices. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of additional staff, as needed, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Support field activities throughout the project implementation process, including logistical preparation of workshops, calculating and administering communication, coordination and transportation stipends to participants, arranging accommodation, and coordination and communication with vendors, among other tasks.
- Prepare transactional documents in support of project operations processes and support and facilitate coordination of transaction processing (e.g., purchase requisition forms, advance requests, payment requests, submission of hard copies to finance, etc.).
- Support and oversee the preparation of specialized project administrative transactions and processes (e.g., translate, type, proofread, and/or format documents; record and transcribe meeting minutes; draft simple correspondence messages).
- Oversee the work of project assistants in compiling and managing data, performing data entry and data verification in relation to project administration processes (e.g., various contact lists, beneficiary and stakeholder information, service mapping, etc. for share future activities).
- Oversee the work of project assistants in sending/receiving and distributing all incoming and outgoing mail/letters/documents within CRS and partners.
- Coordinate appointments and provide logistical and communication support to event planning activities for social cohesion, livelihoods, and positive youth development activities in Kirkuk and Ninewa.
- Support implementation of property management processes, such as property receipt and distribution, property labeling, physical counts, etc.
- Issue assets to new Shared Future staff and return assets from departing staff, as needed and as required. Coordinate with the CRS administrative team and ICT Officer on updating the Shared Future
- Support Shared Future Project Manager(s) with preparation of movement plans on a weekly basis.
- Onboard Shared Future newly hired staff on project operational steps and requirements, i.e., finance and procurement tasks, stipends SOP, and cash advance request and reimbursement, among others.
- Bachelor’s degree Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in project support. Demonstrated experience in the field of procurement, finance, logistics and administration for an NGO would be a plus.
- Experience with typing/word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working with various office equipment.
- Experience and good knowledge of the Microsoft Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and MS Teams) and information management systems.
Required Languages – Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required. Proficiency in other local languages, especially Kurdish, is desirable.
Travel – This position it will be based in one of the CRS offices in Erbil, Duhok, Kirkuk or Mosul, with up to 40% travel to locations in Ninewa and Kirkuk or other CRS offices, as needed and as security permits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks
- Strong customer service orientation with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, detail oriented, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to handle high-pressure tasks and meet deadlines in a complex environment
- Experience working with religious and community leaders in area of intervention is a plus
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities: Up to three Project Assistants based in Erbil, Kirkuk and Mosul
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Shared Future Project Director; Peacebuilding Program Manager; Livelihoods Program Manager; MEAL Manager; Shared Future Project Manager; Senior Project Officers; Project Officers; Field Assistants; Project Assistants; Procurement, Admin and Finance staff.
External: Shared Future project partners; other operational partners and colleagues.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.