UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Two full time, 3 12 months fastened time period positions obtainable. Situated on the Darlington Campus on the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering
- Alternative to contribute to progressive analysis in both mechanobiology or single-cell mass cytometry or transcriptomic profiling
- Base Wage $101K – $112K + 17% superannuation
In regards to the alternative
Come be part of a groundbreaking analysis workforce within the vibrant, progressive discipline of biomechanical engineering! The Mechanobiology and Biomechanics Laboratory (MBL) on the College of Sydney is led by A/Prof Lining (Arnold) Ju, the first-ever engineer recipient of the historic $8 million Snow Fellowship. Yow will discover extra particulars concerning the fellowship and our mission goals through the next hyperlinks:
Within the MBL, we’re paving the best way for progressive developments in mechanobiology, with a deal with cardiovascular illnesses and most cancers. Leveraging a novel “4M” method – Mechanics, Microscopy, Microfabrication & Molecular modelling, we now have pioneered personalised mechanobiology applied sciences that would probably revolutionize healthcare. We collaborate carefully with the Charles Perkins Centre, Sydney Nano Institute, and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, placing us on the forefront of creating applied sciences like point-of-care microdevices, AI imaging modalities, and mechano-medicine screening platforms.
As a part of this distinctive workforce, you’ll assist advance single-cell mechanobiological strategies for locating molecular mechanisms behind the mechanical pressure sensing of platelets, neutrophils, and pink blood cells. This place is a novel alternative to contribute to a mission that mixes biomechanical pressure probe (BFP)/micropipette, optical tweezers know-how with organ-on-chip, 3D vascular bioprinting, proteomic and transcriptomic profiling on prothrombotic phenotypes in sufferers with getting old, diabetes, weight problems and even astronauts and fighter jet pilots who expertise excessive mechanical and aerodynamic situation for future House Mechanobiology.
The College values braveness and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and variety; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the significance of recruiting expertise aligned to those values and are on the lookout for a PostdoctoralAnalysis Affiliate who has:
- a PhD in a related discipline particularly one of many followings: 1) single-molecule biophysics and biophotonic instrumentation, 2) Single-cell mass cytometry and transcriptome profiling; 3) Single-cell mechanobiology, with a powerful hands-on PC1 and PC2 lab expertise together with a physique of organic work printed in peer reviewed journals. Candidates who’ve submitted their PhD for examination or will accomplish that within the speedy future could be thought-about
- expertise in 2D cell tradition, 3D spheroid/organoid tradition, biomaterial growth, circulation cytometry, fluorescent and confocal microscopy operation and imaging
- expertise in working single molecule biophysical nanotools corresponding to micropipette aspiration, optical tweezers, patch clamping, traction pressure microscopy, acoustic pressure microscopy and equipvalent industrial devices.
- some data and curiosity in programming, e.g. familiarity with utilizing two or extra of Labview, AutoCAD, MATLAB, ANSYS, COMSOL, SolidWorks, MD simulation or molecular modeling software program e.g. GROMACS, NAMD, and different engineering and physics software program;
- excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication abilities and the flexibility to conduct prime quality analysis with growing independence and to current that work in an attractive means.
Candidates who display the next standards can be extremely regarded:
- capabilities in unbiased microdevice instrumentation, e.g. instrumenting or working optical tweezers, micropipette aspiration techniques, patch clamping, micromanipulation and microinjection techniques, or different biophysical experimental units corresponding to rheometers and parallel plate circulation chambers and microfluidic system
- experience and expertise in single-cell mass cytometry and transcriptome profiling approaches corresponding to single-cell RNA sequencing or proteomic analyses from major tissues and blood samples.
- stable fundamental data of cell biology and hands-on expertise in PC2 organic laboratory, utilizing circulation cytometer, cell tradition, ELISA, protein coating, conjugation, protein-protein interplay assays, protein/antibody labelling and useful characterization
Of explicit curiosity are candidates who display a ardour in system automation management utilizing Labview or equal system management software program and an curiosity in synthetic intelligence assisted picture information evaluation.
To maintain our neighborhood protected, please concentrate on our COVID security precautions which kind our circumstances of entry for all workers, college students and guests coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all position required pre-employment or background checks in phrases passable to the College. Equally, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the passable upkeep of all related clearances and background verify necessities. If you don’t meet these circumstances, the College might take any vital step, together with the termination of your employment.
On the College of Sydney, our shared values embrace range and inclusion and we attempt to be a spot the place everybody can thrive. We’re dedicated to making a College neighborhood which displays the broader neighborhood that we serve. We ship on this dedication via our individuals and tradition applications, in addition to key methods to extend participation and help the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Individuals , ladies , individuals residing with a incapacity , individuals from culturally and linguistically numerous backgrounds , and people who establish as LGBTIQ . We welcome purposes from candidates from all backgrounds.
How one can apply
To use for this position, please connect a canopy letter to your utility, outlining your suitability for the position.
Paperwork could be submitted through the Apply button on the high of the web page.
If you’re a present worker of the College or a contingent employee with entry to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Profession icon in your Dashboard. Click on on USYD Discover Jobs and apply.
For a confidential dialogue concerning the position, or for those who require cheap adjustment or help filling out this utility, please contact Rebecca Astar or Cherie Goodwin, Recruitment Consultants at [email protected]
Copyright The College of Sydney
The College reserves the fitting to not proceed with any appointment.
Click on to view the Place Description for this position.
Wednesday 18 October 2023 11:59 PM
View or Apply
To assist us observe our recruitment effort, please point out in your e-mail – cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.