UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
- Two full time, 3 12 months fastened time period positions out there. Positioned on the Darlington Campus on the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering
- Alternative to contribute to modern analysis in both mechanobiology or single-cell mass cytometry or transcriptomic profiling
- Base Wage $101K – $112K + 17% superannuation
In regards to the alternative
Come be a part of a groundbreaking analysis workforce within the vibrant, modern area of biomechanical engineering! The Mechanobiology and Biomechanics Laboratory (MBL) on the College of Sydney is led by A/Prof Lining (Arnold) Ju, the first-ever engineer recipient of the historic $8 million Snow Fellowship. You’ll find extra particulars concerning the fellowship and our challenge goals by way of the next hyperlinks:
Within the MBL, we’re paving the best way for modern developments in mechanobiology, with a concentrate on cardiovascular ailments and most cancers. Leveraging a novel “4M” strategy – Mechanics, Microscopy, Microfabrication & Molecular modelling, we now have pioneered customized mechanobiology applied sciences that might probably revolutionize healthcare. We collaborate carefully with the Charles Perkins Centre, Sydney Nano Institute, and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, placing us on the forefront of growing applied sciences like point-of-care microdevices, AI imaging modalities, and mechano-medicine screening platforms.
As a part of this distinctive workforce, you’ll assist advance single-cell mechanobiological strategies for locating molecular mechanisms behind the mechanical drive sensing of platelets, neutrophils, and crimson blood cells. This place is a novel alternative to contribute to a challenge that mixes biomechanical drive probe (BFP)/micropipette, optical tweezers expertise with organ-on-chip, 3D vascular bioprinting, proteomic and transcriptomic profiling on prothrombotic phenotypes in sufferers with getting old, diabetes, weight problems and even astronauts and fighter jet pilots who expertise excessive mechanical and aerodynamic situation for future Area Mechanobiology.
The College values braveness and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and variety; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the significance of recruiting expertise aligned to those values and are in search of a PostdoctoralAnalysis Affiliate who has:
- a PhD in a related area particularly one of many followings: 1) single-molecule biophysics and biophotonic instrumentation, 2) Single-cell mass cytometry and transcriptome profiling; 3) Single-cell mechanobiology, with a powerful hands-on PC1 and PC2 lab expertise together with a physique of organic work revealed in peer reviewed journals. Candidates who’ve submitted their PhD for examination or will achieve this within the quick future might be thought-about
- expertise in 2D cell tradition, 3D spheroid/organoid tradition, biomaterial improvement, move cytometry, fluorescent and confocal microscopy operation and imaging
- expertise in working single molecule biophysical nanotools comparable to micropipette aspiration, optical tweezers, patch clamping, traction drive microscopy, acoustic drive microscopy and equipvalent business devices.
- some data and curiosity in programming, e.g. familiarity with utilizing two or extra of Labview, AutoCAD, MATLAB, ANSYS, COMSOL, SolidWorks, MD simulation or molecular modeling software program e.g. GROMACS, NAMD, and different engineering and physics software program;
- excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication abilities and the flexibility to conduct prime quality analysis with rising independence and to current that work in a fascinating method.
Candidates who reveal the next standards might be extremely regarded:
- capabilities in impartial microdevice instrumentation, e.g. instrumenting or working optical tweezers, micropipette aspiration programs, patch clamping, micromanipulation and microinjection programs, or different biophysical experimental units comparable to rheometers and parallel plate move chambers and microfluidic system
- experience and expertise in single-cell mass cytometry and transcriptome profiling approaches comparable to single-cell RNA sequencing or proteomic analyses from major tissues and blood samples.
- strong fundamental data of cell biology and hands-on expertise in PC2 organic laboratory, utilizing move cytometer, cell tradition, ELISA, protein coating, conjugation, protein-protein interplay assays, protein/antibody labelling and purposeful characterization
Of explicit curiosity are candidates who reveal a ardour in system automation management utilizing Labview or equal system management software program and an curiosity in synthetic intelligence assisted picture information evaluation.
To maintain our neighborhood protected, please concentrate on our COVID security precautions which type our situations of entry for all workers, college students and guests coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all function required pre-employment or background checks in phrases passable to the College. Equally, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the passable upkeep of all related clearances and background verify necessities. If you don’t meet these situations, the College might take any mandatory step, together with the termination of your employment.
On the College of Sydney, our shared values embody variety and inclusion and we try to be a spot the place everybody can thrive. We’re dedicated to making a College neighborhood which displays the broader neighborhood that we serve. We ship on this dedication by our folks and tradition applications, in addition to key methods to extend participation and help the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Individuals , ladies , folks residing with a incapacity , folks from culturally and linguistically numerous backgrounds , and those that determine as LGBTIQ . We welcome purposes from candidates from all backgrounds.
Find out how to apply
To use for this function, please connect a canopy letter to your software, outlining your suitability for the function.
Paperwork might be submitted by way of the Apply button on the high of the web page.
If you’re a present worker of the College or a contingent employee with entry to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Profession icon in your Dashboard. Click on on USYD Discover Jobs and apply.
For a confidential dialogue concerning the function, or in the event you require affordable adjustment or help filling out this software, please contact Rebecca Astar or Cherie Goodwin, Recruitment Consultants at [email protected]
Copyright The College of Sydney
The College reserves the fitting to not proceed with any appointment.
Click on to view the Place Description for this function.
Wednesday 18 October 2023 11:59 PM
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.