AGIAMONDO e.V. is the personnel service of German Catholics for development cooperation. In the Civil Peace Service (ZFD), we offer professionals the opportunity for meaningful service in cooperation with local development actors. The ZFD is a personnel program for violence prevention and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. It works for a world in which conflicts are settled without violence. Together with church and civil society partner organizations in Kenya, AGIAMONDO wants to contribute to civil conflict management there through peacebuilding measures.
To support the Justice and Peace Commission (JCP) in community peace work in the diocese of Rumbek, we are looking for the next possible date for a
Specialist for community-based conflict transformation (m/f/d), Rumbek, South Sudan
Your new field of activity
The JPC Unit is an office within the Pastoral Department of the Catholic Diocese of Rumbek and contributes with its peace projects in the different communities to a more peaceful coexistence and non-violent handling of disputes and conflicts within and between communities. The unit also provides training in psychosocial support and sports for peace, and organizes commemoration ceremonies.
In the Diocese of Rumbek, different conflicting parties engage in violent conflicts over resources. These lead to deep mistrust and ongoing tensions in the communities. The church has earned a special status in the region as reliable and trustworthy institutions. In particular, its work in the area of peace and justice based on Christian social teaching is recognized and valued by the various actors in this conflict-ridden region.
The communities in Rumbek are hospitable and very welcoming to newcomers, who are often perceived as non-partisan to local communal conflicts and as witnesses to existing injustices, and are treated with high respect.
Specifically, you will perform the following duties:
- Develop and implement training concepts on non-violent conflict transformation and strengthen local capacities in conflict management and transformation and psychosocial support.
- Support the initiation of dialogue and reconciliation sessions within the communities.
- Collaborate in the organization and implementation of local and international peace events (e.g. World Peace Day).
- Establishing and strengthening sustainable networks with other peace partners in South Sudan.
- Assist with all necessary organizational, administrative processes (communication, documentation and report writing) and fundraising for peace projects.
- Responsible for the proper expenditure and management of funds in the field according to donor guidelines and AGIAMONDO requirements. In doing so, you will work in partnership with the JPC
- You have a Master’s degree in a relevant subject e.g. Peace & Security Studies, Conflict Resolution, Political Science, Law, Social Work or another relevant social science field.
- You bring expertise in creating and implementing training concepts and have practical experience in peace work as well as conflict transformation. Knowledge of organizational development is a plus.
- You have diplomatic skills and very good intercultural communication skills for a partnership approach with stakeholders.
- Initial experience working and living in South Sudan is a plus.
- You have a Class B driver’s license and are business fluent in English. Knowledge of Arabic or Dinka is an advantage.
- You are a citizen of the EU or Switzerland and identify with the goals and concerns of church development and peace work.
The AGIAMONDO offer
- Individual and comprehensive preparation
- Three-year contract, social security and remuneration according to the German Development Aid Act (DDA)
- Further training in the country, language or other specialist areas, as well as coaching and supervision, individual counseling.
- We are looking forward to receiving your complete online application *pdf format (cover letter, Europass CV, certificates) by 16.04.2023 at the latest via our job portal.
Recommend your friend
Your new field of activity
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.
Project Manager – OTR (Order to Remittance) 6003450 Welland, Ontario L3B 5N4, CanadaINNIOWelland, ONWelland, ON
Administrative Secretary 2Winnipeg Regional Health AuthorityWinnipeg, MBWinnipeg, MB
Health, Safety and Risk Labourer StudentValeThompson, MBThompson, MB
Assistant Professor (Computer Science – Software Engineering)University of SaskatchewanSaskatoon, SKSaskatoon, SK