University of Miami
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
Sr. Accountant Department Specific Functions
• Performs accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to student account receivables and loan receivables reconciliations, the student cash clearing account and works with the Controller’s Office to ensure the bank entries are in balance and address any outstanding items.
• Provides data assistance to external university departments for student receivables, loan receivables, cashiering and other student system related transactions.
• Maintains audit schedules log for the annual and interim audit as requested by the external/internal auditors.
• Provides accounting services for other departments in the University, i.e. Controllers’ Office, Auxiliary Services, Parking Division, Financial Aid, Central Budget Office, Collections Department, Cashiering, Office of Student Account Services, as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
Certification and Licensing:
Minimum 4 years of relevant experience. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
• Knowledge of budget control methods, policies, and procedures.
• Ability to prepare financial and accounting records.
• Ability to analyze, consolidate, and interpret accounting data.
• Ability to compile, organize, interpret, and communicate accounting data and results concisely.
• Ability to manage a budget and work within the constraints of that budget.
• Ability to multi-task and work to meet deadlines upon request. Ability to analyze and develop reports.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.