University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
The fundamental and translational analysis focus of this laboratory consists of epigenetic mechanisms involving histone deacetylases, methyltransferases and demethylases, warmth shock proteins and their most cancers and leukemia-relevant consumer proteins, in addition to transfection and practical analyses of genes regulating cell dying/survival of human most cancers cells. Expertise in tradition of human leukemia and lymphoma cell strains. In addition to animal research involving NOD/SCID or nude mice, and mouse imaging (xenogen and MRI) is extremely fascinating. Expertise in molecular strategies involving plasmid DNA preparations and transfection, the evaluation of gene expression together with QPCR, microarrays, chromatin immunoprecipitation, analysis of protein biochemistry with 2D gels, animal fashions, the yeast-two-hybrid system, confocal microscopy and tissue tradition are additionally most popular.
Molecular Strategies/Tissue Cultures/Different Lab Procedures
- Performs high quality analysis in relation to present analysis initiatives, and interprets outcomes of experiments and makes essential modifications in procedures when wanted. Compiles information sheets.
- Organizes and performs routine procedures involving molecular biology and biochemistry of RNA processing. Requires expertise in tissue tradition, DNA & RNA preparation, PCR, DNA cloning, protein synthesis and electrophoresis.
- Requires information of normal radiographic strategies. Darkish room utilization is crucial as is use and correct dealing with of radioisotopes.
- Work with laboratory animals similar to mice and rats and to carry out interventional procedures similar to tail vein injections and orthotopic implantations. Retrieves, maintains, and catalogs specimen shares from exterior reference laboratories. Assumes higher duty for every day monitoring of the PDX mouse fashions within the mouse facility, together with xenogen digicam imaging of leukemia and tumor burden and harvesting of blood samples, spleen and bone marrow samples from euthanized mice.
- Accountable for offering laboratory providers, tissue tradition, processing analysis samples, and/or cataloging samples as required. Interacts with the principal investigators, postdoctoral fellows and different analysis personnel in speaking experimental design and outcomes.
- Takes duty for making minor amendments to the IRB, IBC and IACUC protocols..
- Performs high quality analysis in relation to present analysis initiatives, and different recognized wants. Interprets outcomes of experiments, and makes essential modifications in procedures when wanted. Compiles information sheets.
- Conducts Library Work. Finds and copies journal articles as required. Reads and understands articles associated to ongoing analysis. Maintains references in a guide submitting system. Requires good studying and comprehension abilities in addition to diligence, persistence and skill to hold a number of heavy books at a time.
- Assemble samples, reagents, dry or moist ice, information and packaging supplies; draft a canopy letter, precisely and legibly fill out delivery labels; carry bundle to receiving space on floor flooring prior to choose up. Maintain correct legible logs of outgoing and incoming packages. For incoming packages, confirm contents, retailer at acceptable location, file data sheets and notify principal investigator. Replace pertinent stock logs.
- Performs and coordinates scientific experiments in a collaborative effort with different technicians, postdoctoral fellows, and workers members. Screens work circulate because it pertains to the necessity for provides, gear upkeep and inventory options.
- Gear monitoring every day verifying appropriate temperatures of freezers, fridges, incubators, and many others. Gear upkeep on a weekly foundation consists of cleansing and disinfecting fridges and incubators. Every day counter clear up and disinfection to make sure security of the laboratory work place. Baggage waste and transports to acceptable refuse space using security requirements and pointers. Maintains all security precautions. Performs preventive upkeep on laboratory gear.
- Should have the ability to adjust to all institutional security insurance policies together with Common Precautions and OSHA requirements when dealing with poisonous, hazardous, flammable, or probably infectious or carcinogenic supplies. This may increasingly require carrying frequent protecting clothes or gear similar to gloves, eye safety, face masks, robe or lab coat, and many others. Moreover, some procedures might require the usage of a fume hood or organic security cupboard.
Different duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s diploma in one of many pure sciences or associated subject.
Most popular: Grasp’s diploma in one of many pure sciences or associated subject.
Required: Three years of expertise in scientific or experimental analysis work. With most popular diploma, one 12 months of required expertise.
It’s the coverage of The College of Texas MD Anderson Most cancers Heart to supply equal employment alternative with out regard to race, colour, faith, age, nationwide origin, intercourse, gender, sexual orientation, gender id/expression, incapacity, protected veteran standing, genetic data, or some other foundation protected by institutional coverage or by federal, state or native legal guidelines until such distinction is required by legislation. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
View or Apply
To assist us monitor our recruitment effort, please point out in your cowl/motivation letter the place (globalvacancies.org) you noticed this job posting.