Grassroots Crisis Intervention
Position Summary: Grassroots Crisis Intervention Center (GR) is a private, non-profit agency serving Howard County and Central Maryland. Founded in 1969, Grassroots has evolved from an all-volunteer organization to a professionally staffed multi-service crisis intervention center. Grassroots Staff Accountant supports the daily operations of the finance, accounting, and human resources needs of the organization. This includes providing support for accounting, payroll, human resources, and auditing.
Monday – Friday
9:00am – 5:00pm
- Responsible for daily and weekly accounts payable processing
- Attend to the Department’s daily needs for client’s immediate assistance.
- Process daily deposit in QuickBooks
- Responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing or review utilizing Paychex.
- Prepare bi-weekly clients deposits.
- Help with monthly accounts receivable processing.
- Prepare monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Prepare monthly Customer Invoices
- Provide Support for monthly G/L reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly on-line credit card processing, including verifying expense receipts.
- Research internal and external accounting inquiries
- Responsible for yearly 1099 processing
- Perform quarterly inventory count on company’s Gift Cards
- Work with the Manager to keep department’s policies and procedures updated.
- Maintain all AP Records, and follow GR Document Retention Policy & Procedures
- Provide support for internal and external annual audit; prepare reports, and assemble documents.
- Assist with providing data for annual budget preparation.
- Work with the Finance Manager on projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Three (3) years’ experience in accounting, finance, and human resource (preferably, with a nonprofit or foundation), including knowledge of online payroll processing, with an established vendor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven analytical, logical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, track multiple projects in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Computer aptitude and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Access, Adobe Acrobat, QuickBooks Online, Paychex or other accounting software a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
$250 Hiring Bonus for full completion of Onboarding and HR trainings!
$500 Retention Bonus after completion of the Grassroots’ 90-day Probationary period and with supervisor approval that all requirements have been met!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Columbia, MD 21044: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Accounts payable: 3 years (Required)
- Bank reconciliation: 3 years (Required)
- QuickBooks: 2 years (Required)
- Accounts receivable: 3 years (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.