Imperial College London
Working with the Student Liaison Officer, the Student Experience Administrator, PG Welfare Tutor, the Departmental Teaching team, Administrators and student leaders, you will be responsible for the provision of an effective and professional service to enhance and support the student experience.
Duties and responsibilities
The Student Experience Coordinator provides vital support and leadership to staff and students around all issues pertaining to the student experience, including wellbeing, disability support, student leadership, cohort building, programme enhancement activities and managing student issues and concerns. In the role, you will work closely with other Departmental professional, teaching and administrative staff to ensure a holistic approach to student experience.
You will be a student-centred professional and will coordinate and lead on student focused departmental events, both for current students as well as outreach events for prospective students. You will have a special remit for the Post-Graduate students experience, creating and running induction and programme enhancement activities and supporting student wellbeing. In addition to this, you will manage student leadership and transition activities at both Undergraduate and Post-Graduate level, providing training, guidance and Departmental support for activities.
The essential requirements for this post are as follows:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Substantial experience working with students in an educational environment
- Experience with managing and supporting volunteer-led activities
- Experience developing and managing events
- Proven cultural sensitivity & awareness to deal appropriately at all times with international organisations & individuals
- Proven ability to identify, propose, plan and implement improvements to services and processes
- A high degree of understanding of HE student journey, student systems and Registry procedures
- Understanding of wellbeing issues pertaining to HE students
- A high level of accuracy and consistent attention to detail
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact and discretion
- Adaptable, flexible and emotionally robust
- Effective, highly developed interpersonal skills at all levels with excellent tact and diplomacy skills
This is a full time, fixed term post from August 2023 for 12 months to cover a period of maternity leave. Internal candidates may want to take up this opportunity as a secondment, with approval of their current line manager.
As this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, at the appropriate level, will be required for the successful candidate.
For any specific queries regarding the post please contact Sai Nathan, [email protected] .
The College is currently trialling a Work Location Framework until early 2023. Hybrid working may be considered for this role and the role holder may be expected to work 60% or more of their time onsite, with 40% the minimum time spent onsite. The opportunity for hybrid working will be discussed at interview.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.