University of Brighton
View All Vacancies
Location: Brighton – Moulsecoomb
£25,285 to £28,131
20 hours per week
Fixed Term End Date: 08/03/2024
Closing Date: Thursday 30 March 2023
This role is working in a small team who administer student fees and financial aid for UK students and those from North America. You will deliver high quality user focused services including handling enquiries and sensitive data via e-mail, over the telephone and sometimes face-to face. You will also be required to liaise with other internal departments and relevant external agencies, such as the Student Loans Company and US Department of Education. You will be responsible for providing information and advice on university-wide services, policies and procedures.
There will also be opportunities to get involved in student enrolment, and graduation ceremonies, supporting our students throughout their time with the University.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has previous administrative experience
- Is focused with good attention to detail
- Is organised and can prioritise tasks, taking responsibility for meeting deadlines and checking information to ensure that nothing is missed
- Is helpful and reliable in offering support to others, ensuring they have a positive experience with the University
- Is a confident communicator, who is able to interpret and explain complex or difficult information
- Is attentive and patient, to help with handling customers (and colleagues) who might be confused and frustrated
This is a fixed-term role for 20 hours a week to cover a period of maternity leave and is based at our Moulsecoomb campus.
The University has a great range of benefits including generous holiday entitlements, including time off over Christmas, employer pension contributions, cycle to work scheme, and discounted sports membership which includes sports classes and gym access. More information can be found by clicking on the link below.
We have also recently introduced an agile working framework which enables staff to work partly on site, and partly from home once their initial training period has been completed.
The University is committed to an inclusive environment which embraces equality and diversity in our working, learning, research and teaching environment. We particularly encourage applicants from Minority Ethnic backgrounds because the university is underrepresented by Minority Ethnic staff.
Further information about working for us, as well as the wide range of benefits we offer, can be found in the working with us section of our vacancies page.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.