- Job title
- Student & Operations Assistant
- Job reference
- Application closing date
- TU London
- £24,150 – £28,799 per annum plus up to 10% bonus
- 5 roles available – Permanent, Full time (35 hours per week)
- Contractual hours
- Full time
- Job advert
OPPORTUNITIES AT TU LONDON
Opening in September 2023 these roles offer a unique opportunity to be part of the ground-breaking development of Teesside University London from the very start. Engaging with students from a range of backgrounds TU London will provide our students with the support they need to be employable, future-focused and ready for now.
We are looking for flexible assistants to join our collaborative and vibrant community. At TU London we offer a friendly and supportive environment, empowering our students to work with impact and innovation within a sustainable global digital economy. By choosing a future with TU London you will be joining a committed, caring and ambitious team.
TU London is based at Here East in Stratford, a vibrant and contemporary space. Here East, part of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, is an innovation and technology campus with locally owned food and coffee outlets. There’s even a spa, barbers, retro video-game bar and a gym in the area.
ROLE: STUDENT & OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (5 roles available)
SALARY: £24,150 – £28,799 per annum + up to 10% bonus
CONTRACT: Permanent, Full Time (35 hours per week)
We are currently recruiting a team of flexible Student & Operations Assistants to provide professional, operational and administrative support at Teesside University London.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Enthusiastic people who really care about creating an outstanding student and staff experience. You’ll work as a team to provide seamless support services across the campus. On a day to day basis you can expect involvement in the delivery of a range of operational and administrative services, with opportunities to develop and apply more specialist skills in areas such as finance and people, IT and digital, student support, campus operations and partnership & communications.
Your responsibilities will include working as part of a small and flexible team to provide support across the TU London campus. A range of tasks will include effective administration services, first line digital support, data collection and information management, and support to events. You will play a key role in providing a proactive first line enquiry service for our students and staff, resolving queries and signposting where appropriate.
You will have knowledge and experience in administrative work with attention to detail and an enthusiasm to develop your own knowledge. Strong customer service skills and a flexible approach are essential.
Your skills and expertise will include digital skills including MS office programmes, problem solving skills and highly developed oral and written communication skills. You will have experience of higher education either as a graduate or be able to demonstrate transferable skills from a similar sector.
Further details on the role and what we’re looking for are available here
- A competitive salary which allows for increases based on exceptional performance
- Company bonus scheme
- 30 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays) + paid leave over Christmas and New Year
- 24/7 counselling support with our Employee Assistance Programme
- An empowering working culture with hybrid working options available
- Annual Eye Care and Glasses Voucher with Specsavers
- Travel season ticket interest free loan scheme
- Free shuttle bus from Stratford International or Stratford City Station
- Enhanced family leave; up to 18 weeks full pay
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Volunteering Leave (three paid days leave for community/charity activity annually)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Perks and Discounts at hundreds of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues
- Access to onsite facilities, exclusive discounts and social events at Here East
And much more!
At TU London, you will have the opportunity to make an impact in an innovative and supportive environment. If you are values driven and have a strong interest in a career in higher education, then we are keen to hear from you.
Job Description and Person spec
JOB REFERENCE: L3030
CLOSING DATE: 28 June 2023
Please submit your application as soon as possible, we reserve the right to close earlier than this if we receive a high volume of suitable applications before this date
INTERVIEW DATES: 10TH, 11TH & 12TH JULY 2023 – Interviews to be held at TU London
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (globalvacancies.org) you saw this job posting.